Thursday, October 13, 2016

September Sephora Play Review

I’ve been subscribed to Sephora Play a few months. I’ve been enjoying the samples I’ve been receiving. It’s really fun to try new things each month. This month’s theme was the unbasic basics. There were some samples I really loved and some I felt so-so about.

Sephora Lipstick in Love Spell- I don’t think this color is for me it’s a little too sheer for my tastes. If you like a sheerer barely there color I think you would enjoy it. But, I do like the formula it’s very moisturizing it looks like there are some nice colors in the range.

 Ole Henrickson Sheer Transformation- I loved that this was so light weight. I’m very bad at moisturizing in the morning because my moisturizer feels kinda heavy. According to the playbook this can double as a primer which is nice. So, I like the double duty aspect. However, I didn’t see a difference in my skin.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper- This was one of the products I was most excited to try I’ve heard a lot about it and it really lived up to my expectations. This eyeliner didn’t bleed and it stayed all day. I think it is pretty black. I did learn I’m not good at a free hand cat eye that Youtube makes it seem so easy.

 Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel- I was also excited to try this one. I’ve just started filling my brows. I like how easy this is to apply. Alone it creates a really subtle look. I have kinda light brows so I really enjoyed using a powder, I just used eyeshadow, and using this on top to finish it. I’m interested in trying a colored one now to have an easy one step look.

Living Proof Perfect  Hair Day Night Cap- I don’t do too many hair products. The sample said you could use it with wet hair or dry hair. I tried it with both. With dry hair I had good results, my hair seemed very shiny the next day. It didn’t work with wet hair for me. I feel like my hair didn’t look too great the next morning. It does have heavy scent. I liked the scent but if you are scent sensitive that is something to think about.

 Atelier Cologne Sud magnolia- The notes say this has a warm floral scent. I didn’t like it on my skin but my mom really liked it.
  Linkups, Facebook,Instagram,Pinterest

2 comments :

Sarah Dufries said...

All of these products sound so great! Subscription boxes are so fun!

Sarah
Bows & Clothes

Amber Shannon said...

The overnight hair cap is particularly interesting.... cool beauty haul!


Amber
All the Cute