Monday, July 11, 2016

Birthday Thoughts and goals

I turned 23 a few days ago. I thought I'd give some thoughts and goals. The cake in my post isn't my birthday cake, I didn't have one but it's the cake I made for my friend's daughter's first birthday.
Sometimes I feel behind for my age. I see my friends and other people landing great jobs and I feel stuck. My business is struggling right now and I occasionally get discouraged. Starting a growing a business is difficult. I know that it won't last forever but it's tough when you see people you went to high school with out buying houses and you still live at home.
Some goals and things I want to do:

  • Be more active- I used to go to dance class 3 times a week and sometimes I'd take two classes at once but the studio closed. I still go to my old teacher once a week, but the other studios in the area don't fit into my schedule. I'm seeing changes in my body and I'm not happy and I don't want to keep going down this path. I really need to find motivation to go to the gym. 
  • Get a headstand or a split. I've been working on a headstand for a little bit during dance but I'd love to be able to go it. I'd also like to get a split, I feel like that is farther off than a headstand. 
  • Make more time to sew. I used to sew a ton and I feel like I don't have too much time for it anymore but I need to make more time. I need to learn to schedule better. 
  • Buy a home by the time I'm 30. I'd like to be looking for a home by the time I'm 30. Since I live at home I'll be able to save a lot. 
  • Decorate sewing room and bedroom. Since I'm going to live at home longer than I planned I should decorate. I already have plans for my sewing room so I'll start doing that soon. 
  • Grow my blog I'd really like to grow this blog and turn it into a nice side income. I'll get better at social media. I really like Intstagram,Pinterest and Facebook, so I think that's what I'll concentrate on. 

Linkups, Facebook,Instagram,Pinterest

2 comments :

Unhas said...

Amazing post, loved!
Thanks for sharing ;)

- Unhas

Shea Sayers said...

Happy belated birthday! I think these are great goals. To me I feel like having your own business is so admirable, and I think you should give yourself credit for that! I feel the same way though when it comes to a career--I feel a bit stuck and frustrated that I'm not in a career I love or the path that I thought I'd be on. Good luck with your goals!