Thursday, June 2, 2016

Memorial Day

On Memorial Day I hosted a shrimp boil for my friends. I planned on doing it outdoors but it called for rain so I did it indoors and there was no rain. One of my tips for a shrimp boil is not to cook the shrimp until a few guest arrive that was the shrimp doesn't get cold or over cooked.

Dress- Made by me (similar, similar), Bracelet spike- Stella and Dot (exact), Zig Zag bracelet- Charming Charlie (similar), Shoes- Aersoles (same style, similar), Lips- Sephora Cream Lipstain Always Red 
I made this dress last summer. I don't wear it often. I think the facings are too heavy for the main fabric because the edges stick out a bit. But the dress looks pretty glamorous but feels like a tee shirt and it's very shiny.

Dress- Made by me (similar, similar), Bracelet spike- Stella and Dot (exact), Zig Zag bracelet- Charming Charlie (similar), Shoes- Aersoles (same style, similar), Lips- Sephora Cream Lipstain Always Red 
I love to entertain but I'm on a budget so I'm going to share some of my favorite money saving apps.
    Ibotta. I like this because you can get cashback or gift cards. It has coupons for a lot of things that aren't in newspapers like vegetables and milk. If you use my link you get $10 after you redeem your first offer.
    Shopkick  With Shopkick you can get gift cards just by scanning different barcodes. When I have extra time when I'm shopping I make sure to scan some bar codes.
    Swagbucks I just started using this. It's right on the computer and you complete different activities to earn points for gift cards and paypal cards.

Have you tried any of these apps?
Facebook, Instagram, Linkups

14 comments :

welovefur said...

It's a great look for the "Memorial Day"
I love your blog. I hope you will like mine
a lot of kisses
www.welovefur.com

Shelbee On The Edge said...

This dress is fabulous! And even better...you made it so it is one of a kind! I love how flowy it is and I really the way the tie falls. Just gorgeous!

And Yes, yes, yes, yum, yum, yum to shrimp!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

kileen valenzuela said...

love this dress!! and I need to check out that Ibotta app!

cute & little
kileen

Laura Bambrick said...

Gorgeous dress! I use Shopkick and Ibotta, too. Have you tried ReceiptPal and Receipt Hog? I like I can use all the same receipts with both apps and earn rewards!

Shauna C said...

That's my kind of party! Love shrimp, but really love this dress as well!

Shauna

www.lipglossandlace.net

Doused In Pink said...

Love that you made that dress! It's gorgeous! I just started using shopkick and need to check out ibotta!

Jill
Doused In Pink

Shannon Jenkins said...

You look stunning!

<3 Shannon
Upbeat Soles

Amber Shannon said...

Pretty!


Amber
All the Cute 🎀
Today's Post: Alena's Style: White Eyelet Romper

Mohammad Salauddin said...

I just started using shopkick and need to check out ibotta!
african french lace | nigerian lace fabric | African Lace Fabric

Alice said...

Wow this dress is gorgeous; great job on sewing it! Love the look!

xo, alice / T Y P E N U

J. Elle said...

Your dress is beautiful! You did an amazing job sewing it and I love the color you chose. I need to check out some of these saving apps.


Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots


Jessica Jannenga said...

Very talented!! Wow. I love the color and the drape of the dress on you!
Thanks for linking up with turning heads tuesday!
jess xx
www.elegantlydressedandstylish,com

Fabrics USA Inc. said...

very talented and creative dress. looks great.We have a great collection of African fabrics. Good quality at lowest price. For whole sell price Visit us hope you guys love them.
Sequin Fabrics

Blogger said...

SwagBucks is a very recommended work from home website.