Thursday, May 12, 2016

Beach Day Musts

Summer is coming and it’s been pretty dreary and rainy here so when Adore Me asked me to talk about my #beachdaymusts I started thinking of sunnier skies. I don't have too many musts. I like to keep my beach trips simple.

I tend to use a smaller tote. As long as its big enough for books, it’s big enough for me. A hat is one of my favorite beach accessories. I usually do a baseball hat or a big floppy hat.The tote was a giveaway from Wrigley Field in Chicago. I'm an Orioles fan but I like my Boston hat. It has nice colors. Sunglasses are a beach necessity.
I don’t like to do a full face at the beach;it’s just not practical. I’ve been using BB Cream for about a week and I think it would be great for the beach. It’s light coverage, moisturizing and the best part is it has SPF already in it! With the light look just go for a swipe of lip balm. Clear or colored are both great.It’s so important to stay hydrated. I find having a fun bottle helps.

Reading is my favorite thing to do on the beach.  I always take like 5 books with me on vacation. Right now I’m reading A Song of Ice and Fire on my Kindle because the series is too big to lug around. I just picked up Wild from the library and can’t wait to start it. Bossypants and Yes Please are great beach reads. 
A cute swimsuit is the most important part of a beach day. Adore Me has a great selection. They have really eyecatching plus-size too. I did a collage of my favorites. I love the mesh details that are in a lot of suits. I love the print mix on Lucianna. The top on the Dallas swimsuit is really interesting and I like the cutouts on the bottoms. I love the athletic vibe of Manon. The rash gaurd top is really unique. I love the the Poppy style has a retro vibe but isn't super high wasited. 
Adore Me also has a great selection of plus sized swimsuits. The color blocking on Candice is so cute! I like the mesh details on Janna and Lizbeth. The mesh on both of them hit the body in good spots. I also like the color blocking on Samira. The colors are really cute.

What are your beach day musts?
Linkups,Facebook, Instagram

9 comments :

Laura Bambrick said...

The books I've read from the Game of Thrones series have all been on my kindle too for the exact reason! Great must-haves!

Shauna C said...

Great bag of tricks! I love the suits too

Shauna

www.lipglossandlace.net

Kathrine Eldridge said...

Love all your suit picks! That tote is really cute and amazing summer reads!

http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

Straight A Style said...

Great essentials! I always need sunscreen, sunnies, and a good book!

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

Aleczandra Sallows said...

I always need sunscreen or I turn into a tomato! Lovely bathing suit selection

https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

Ginny Clothed with Grace said...

I take a bunch of boos on vacation too, love Wild and Amy Poelers book too!

Katya Bychkova said...

Love this post! I just downloaded The Wild and can't wait to finally read it!

http://stylesprinter.com/

101thingsilove/Johanna said...

Ummm, your water bottle is amazing!

Happiness at Mid Life said...

Bosspants was so funny! I will have to check out these other ones.

Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you soon!

Alice
www.happinessatmidlife.com