Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Winter Maxi Dress

I saw this look on Pinterest and I thought it was a great way to winterize a summer piece. It also hides the giant armholes that I don't really like. I was going to wear this to dinner with my friend but her dad decided to make wings so we did that instead. I can see doing this look with different colored scarves and sweaters to change it up.
Dress- (similar, similar skirt), Sweater- (similar), Scarf- Charming Charlie (exact),Belt- New York and Company (similar), Shoes- Sam Edelman (similar), Lips- Revlon Laquer Balm in Whimsical
I really like this layering for days where it isn't super cold or you'll spend a lot of time inside. It would look great with boots too. You could also put tights under the dress for extra warmth.




Dress- (similar, similar skirt), Sweater- (similar), Scarf- Charming Charlie (exact),Belt- New York and Company (similar), Shoes- Sam Edelman (similar), Lips- Revlon Laquer Balm in Whimsical
See where I'm linking up here.
Check out my Facebook,Instagram and Pinterest

11 comments :

awhite said...

Gotta break out the maxi now and again! :)

-Ashley
Le Stylo Rouge

Lindsey Puls said...

Very cute! I actually just styled a black and white striped maxi in a very similar way this weekend! Great minds think alike. ;) Haha.

-Lindsey
have-clothes-will-travel.com

Whitney Damrau said...

The turquoise with the stripes is so pretty!

Xoxo,
Whitney & Blaire
Peaches In A Pod

Eccentric Owl said...

This is such a cute look! I love being able to winterize summer dresses; cardigans and scarves are such great items to have because they suddenly make your entire wardrobe wearable in all seasons!
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

Straight A Style said...

I love maxi/midi length options all year! This is such a fun look.

Amy Ann
Straight A Style

Shauna C said...

I wear mine all year long too! They are so versatile for each season. Love your scarf too!

Shauna

www.lipglossandlace.net

Aleczandra Sallows said...

OH I'm loving the stripes (obviously)! And the little belt you added is such a nice touch.

https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

Imogen said...

I'm really into wearing pieces in all seasons and making them versatile. Stripes are such a classic and I adore the lovely bright blue with it.

Shea Sayers said...

What a great way to make a maxi dress work for the cold weather! I love how you added bright pops of color with the scarf and flats!

Kenzie @ Life According to Kenz said...

I love winterizing summer looks with tights and boots! You look great :)

Midwest Muse said...

I love how you styled this! I always think of maxis as off limits in the winter, but you are making me reconsider this...