Saturday, August 29, 2015

Makeup Picks

Our speaker for the networking event I attended worked in makeup. I thought I'd share my favorite makeup items. I'm not an expert but I really like to play with it when I have the time.
When I do a cat-eye I think gel liner is the easiest. You can use the scotch tape trick and it comes out so clean and pretty symmetrical.
I love lipstick. I normally have two or three in my purse at all times. I like the balm stains for color when I don't want to do all of my makeup. The color is sheer enough that it looks a little brighter than natural. My favorite color is lovesick.
I use NYX eyeshadow base when I go out. It keeps the color on all night and makes it a little brighter and it is a good price.
Like everyone else, I use Nars blush. I use super orgasm because I like the hint of sparkles but the regular orgasm is wonderful too.
I got this Too Faced Return of Sexy set for Christmas. I really like that is has a neutral, a color and a smoky. My favorite part is that it has cards for 6 looks you can create with the palate, it really helps me create eye looks.

4 comments :

Shybiker said...

Nice selection. I love posts like this; they introduce me to new products that real people (and not paid sponsors) recommend.

Lindsey Puls said...

This is a great post! I have been using the exact same makeup products for the last 7 years, and I have no idea what I should use. I definitely need to try some NARS blush! :)

-Lindsey
have-clothes-will-travel.com

Imogen said...

I am especially loving Too Faced at the moment, would like to try this product. Gel eyeliner is definitely the best.

What Would V Wear said...

LOVE Nars! I have the same blush! :)
Happy Monday & Much love!
xoxo, Vanessa
www.WhatWouldVWear.net