Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Disco Maxi Dress

I made this maxi dress using Vogue 1228.Its a vintage Jerry Silverman pattern I found at the thrift store a few years ago. The main fabric I found in New York, I can't remember where. The underlining in the bodice is a jersey from Hancock.
I really like how metallic the fabric is. I didn't change the pattern except shortening the maxi version a few inches. I didn't hem it I just left the edges raw. This fabric wasn't difficult to sew but it was very flimsy so it was hard to cut.
I think my underlining was too heavy because my darts look strange but I think they look better in real life. I used the same fabric for the facings and I feel like it's too heavy, maybe I can tack it down.
I do love the back. The pattern just has them crossed but I wrapped them a little. I'm pretty happy with this dress and I can't wait to wear it when summer comes.

1 comment :

Rebecca Harasym said...

What an awesome dress! I think you did a fabulous job on it! I think the fabric is great and the criss cross back is such a great detail!

Rebecca
www.winnipegstyle.ca