Monday, August 4, 2014

Scandalous Kwik Sew 3780

A few months ago I came across a post on scandal suits on the Lingerie Addict. There was a one shoulder version that I fell in love with. I found Kwik Sew 3780 online and got to work. I did a muslin to make sure it fit before I hacked into it. Then I traced off the parts and put it together.
My fabric is from Spandex World. I got black swimsuit elastic from the Fabric Fairy.
This is the original.
I'm really happy with this. It's only my second swimsuit and third time working with knits. The pattern said not to cut between sizes but you totally can. I started at a small on top and around the waist moved to a medium. My butt has gotten bigger from exercising.
The side seams match really well. I can't even get that good on wovens.

I'm so happy with this swimsuit. I have a lot of leftover fabric because I didn't think I'd get it right on the first try so I might make some dance shorts.

4 comments :

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing job!
Love the asymmetry!

xoxox,
CC

Imogen said...

So impressive, great job.

Kati said...

Thanks for your lovely words on my last post!
You did such an amazing job, it looks awesome!

Have a great day,
-Kati

Lyndsey said...

Scandalous indeed! Great job!