Sunday, June 9, 2013

Progress

Remember that leopard suit I'm making? Well I'm making some progress.
I'm using Butterick 5614 for the pants and McCall's 6172 for the jacket. I'm leaving off the pockets. It took a while to cut and underline everything. My underlining is a beautiful white cotton suiting from Mood. I have extra of that. My main fabric is a sheer polyester. I don't have any extra of that I almost ran out making the pants. I think it's because when cutting that I was doing a single layer instead of double but I'll talk more about that later.
This is the jacket so far. I need to shorten the sleeves.
I'm not doing any seam finishes inside the jacket since it'll be lined.
My lining fabric is a Marc Jacobs polyester from Mood. It was $4 a yard. I thought it added some fun pattern but was subtle. My buttons are a basic black. I'm going to cut out the lining on my day off. I like to break up my cutting because I find it pretty tedious.
For the pants seams I'm catch stitching which was tricky at first; I couldn't get the little x's to form but I'm slowly getting better.I'll have plenty of seams to do.

3 comments :

Ali Hval said...

This is going to be so awesome when it's complete! You really are an amazing seamstress. :) The leopard pattern is so sleek, too.

Imogen said...

You impress me every time. I wish I could do this.

LyddieGal said...

looking good! it will be quite awesome when you are finished, I'm sure.
Chic on the Cheap