Wednesday, September 19, 2012

McCalls 6078

I made McCalls 6078 this week. I wanted to make a knit top before I dive into the Donna Karan sweater. I loved the dramatic back on view A. Knits were easier to sew than I thought they would be. I used a combination of zig-zag stitching and strecthing while sewing. If I make another knit project I may try some of the stretch stitches that came with my machine.
I like the top but I don't think it is my favorite on me. I love the back
I think the top looks better on my backwards because it appears more fitted but, you lose all the drama in the back.
Since it was a little too big I offered it to my mom and it looks way better on her.

10 comments :

Dale JaneƩ said...

I love the color of this blouse on you and how you show so many different ways to style it

xoDale
www.savvyspice.com

Katherine / Of Corgis and Cocktails said...

i LOVE the back! the color is great too
<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails

Ali Hval said...

You picked such a pretty color! And ahhh, look at that stunning back! You never cease to amaze.

Sabrina said...

What a cute piece that's just perfect for color blocking or spicing up a pair of jeans, as you show us here! Love how you show us so many different ways to wear it; it just proves how versatile the draped collar and back is! :)

With love from San Francisco, California,
Sabrina
http://www.rougespark.com

Heather said...

That color is gorgeous on you!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Heather said...

That color is gorgeous on you!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Ellinor Forje said...

I like the way the top falls at the back. Great colour too. Thanks for posting the photos and feel free to drop by me too when you have time.

LyddieGal said...

Oh that came out so well! I love the back (on the back)
and the color you chose is beautiful.
Chic on the Cheap

Midwest Muse said...

You are so talented!

Izzy said...

haha I think this top looks great both ways! both sides offer something interesting to look at. I wouldn't be able to decide which way to wear it haha!

metallicpaws.blogspot.com