Monday, August 20, 2012

Leopard Suit

I've been wanting a leopard suit for a while. I finally got my fabric. It's a sheer polyester, so I'll have to underline it. That's not a big deal. I wanted a cotton because they are so much easier to sew with. I think I figured out my patterns.

For the jacket, I'll use McCall's 6172. I don't know if I want to make the mid length or the short one yet. But if I make the mid one I'll leave off the pockets.
   For pants I'm thinking about Butterick 5614. I want an ankle length pant and according to the Internet, this sews up pretty well. It says it's fast and easy which is good because I don't want too many challenges in working with an unfamiliar fabric.I wanted to use the Collette Clover pattern but that's designed for stretch.
    The plus side of using a Butterick and McCall's pattern is they go on sale for a dollar really often. So I'll be able to buy 2 of each ( in case I mess up the paper completely). As soon as I'm done my playsuit set, I'll make a quick blouse or two and then start cracking on my suit!

1 comment :

LyddieGal said...

ohh, a leopard suit! can't wait to see how it comes out!
Chic on the Cheap