Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Table

I made my mom some place mats and napkins for our dining room. The place mats are printed on one side and green on the other. I like the result of home decor sewing but I'm way to impatient to do it. I'll spend hours hand sewing on a dress but for some reason endless straight lines doesn't appeal to me.
The fun thing about making some home decor is using quilting cotton. It has such great prints! For the solid napkins I did tiny hems on each edge. On most of the printed napkins, I made them like the place mats so they have print on both sides.
This is a closeup of the printed napkin. Check out the candle holder my mom added a beach scene to. Isn't it adorable?

1 comment :

Ali Hval said...

That beach scene piece is too cute, and your napkins are way awesome. Such a perfect setting!