Friday, April 27, 2012

Fabric Haul

My old high school's drama department is going through some changes and getting rid of a lot of fabric. And when people need to get rid of fabric, I'm your girl. I came home with a trash bag filled with fabric and an adjustable dress form. Let's look at some of the fabric I got.
The solids were a gold mine. They aren't really exciting colors but most of them have a lot to work with and good weights. There's a brown wool that I think will look great in a coat with a lot of seams, a denim for capris and some fabrics for winter skirts. And there will be enough fabric for a jacket so I can try some tailoring.
I got a good bit of prints too but I'm only going to look at a few because they don't photograph too well in my sewing room. I love the fabric with velvet stripes. I have a few pieces of that. I know that one piece will be the bodice of a dress. The floral is for some place mats.
I think the floral is so pretty. I think it will be a fantastic pencil skirt. My mom wants the blue and brown fabrics for the living room.                                                                                                       

7 comments :

Couture Carrie said...

Awesome score, darling!
Love that floral print!

xoxox,
CC

Megan said...

Wow, congrats!! That is awesome, looks like you snagged a ton of great stuff. Love that yellow floral print, would make a cute skirt or pillowcase :)

The Pink Flamingo said...

It's great! I also like fabrics very much! :))

Ice Pandora said...

Wahh free fabric!
Lucky you c:

xx

Joyce said...

The floral fabric is so pretty

his_girl_friday said...

That is a pretty floral print.

dressed to please said...

Hey Sweety, great Photos & nice Blog. I like it really ;) Great Job! I follow you, i hope you follw me back (if you like ;))) big kisses from germany ;***