Friday, March 2, 2012

Fashion Feelings

When I saw the hand printed dress from Diane Von Furstenburg for Fall 2012, I fell in love. I was also instantly reminded of the hand pants from Comme des Garcons Fall 2007. Sarah Mower describes the pants as, " an adolescent's dream of a virtual boyfriend." Why can I remember these pants after all these years? I guess it's because they make me feel nostalgic for something I've never had.

In my mind the best clothes make you feel something. Clothes from the runway can make you feel excited because you never seen anything like it. Or you could just gasp from the beauty of a couture gown. Vintage makes me feel nostalgic for a "simpler" time. I couldn't have lived back then; I have an old soul but I am no domestic goddess. Clothes I own have memories. The dress I wore when I was disappointed, the outfit I wore for Gaga, the dress I wore when people threw their trash in my bag. Sometimes when clothes have bad memories, you may forget what you're wearing and not connect the two or you can try to make a new better memory in the clothes. I guess what I'm trying to say is fashion isn't frivolous. It's connected to us emotionally.

Do you have any clothes that have memories attached? Good or bad?

12 comments :

Closet Fashionista said...

Those are some very interesting pants...haha
Yea, a lot of my clothes have memories involved which makes me love them even more :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Couture Carrie said...

Alllllll my clothes have memories... They are like a scrapbook of my life :)

xoxox,
CC

Marisa Noelle said...

I couldn't agree more! The clothes of mine that have special memories are the ones I hold onto:)

Madeline Quaint said...

I think you described your point really well! I agree that clothes can be a part of us and their meaning to us can hold emotions. I usually remember exactly what I wore when this-or-that happened. :)

Winnie said...

You're so right, they remind me of CDG too!

Rach said...

my clothes have memories too!! those pants are soo different...love them

www.sugarfilledcloset.com

Head to Toe Chic said...

Love that jacket!

xo,
Angela
headtotoechic.blogspot.com

Sophie Isobel said...

Haha, they are pretty cool :)
Lots of my clothes have memories - mostly good! Got a few bad ones with some and it tends to put me off wearing them! x

sarahthestylescout said...

interest pants and the idea!! great post!

NaNa said...

Those are really interesting pants. Very cool! :)

Love from the NaNa girls x

lucia m said...

great look!

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Pins, Needles & Fashion said...

Wow those really are original and pretty cool!

www.pinsneedlesfashion.blogspot.com