Friday, February 10, 2012

Spring Trends: Runway

It's spring soon so let's look at some runway trends.Usually suits for women are just like men's suits but more tailored but not anymore! Spring is bringing on the fun with suits.Peter Som and Mary Katrantzou dived in boldy with prints while Prabal Gurung left the jacket simple. Proenza Schouler made a jacket with awesome seaming. I love the idea of a short suit. For spring I think we can take a cue from Barney Stinson and suit up!
As a girl who loves vintage clothing, I'm excited about a fifties style revival. I loved the joyful prints at Dolce and Gabbana. I think the bra style top could work in everyday life; it could be done as a crop top like on the runway or as the top of a dress. If Dolce and Gabbana was Sandy, Prada was Rizzo. The leather appliqued skirt is amazing! I hope that photographic print dresses really take off. They can take a basic shaped dress to the next level. Mary Katrantzou is a master at photo prints and this spring was no exception. I think the Starry Night dress at Rodarte was practically perfect.Texture doesn't have to mean feathers and 3-d stuff, though I wish it did. It can be as simple as mixing silk with a tee like at Christian Siriano. I love the light feather from Oscar de la Renta. Texture at the bottom of a skirt adds a flirty touch. I love the mix of soft and metal at McQueen.
I have an attachment to pretty aquatic things, maybe because I'm a water sign or because I spend a lot of time helping my step dad pick out fish for the aquarium. There are two different takes on underwater style: literal and imaginative. Mary Katrantzou presents the literal. Her dresses are bright and fun. Mcqueen's dresses are the physical embodiments of coral,treasure and sea nymphs. Dressing like the ocean is the next best thing to having a pet sea horse.
What trends are you looking forward to for spring?
Photos from style.com, collaged by me

11 comments :

The Love Hanger said...

I love the bra style tops!! I'm so glad that is becoming revived again too. I've actually already bought a couple of bandeau tops and cropped tube tops to wear with my high waisted skirts and shorts this summer.

And I love the casual glamour of Christian Siriano's skirt and top. Sometimes that's all you need to tone down a frilly skirt: a casual top.

Great post and thanks for visiting my blog! <3

toni

lucia m said...

so many prints!!

love it!!

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Joyce said...

So beautiful, I love the different textures :)

Ali said...

I'm just glad that there is actually COLOR! More color is needed. Bring it on, designers. Bring the coloorrr

Bonnie said...

All of the color that has been seen on the runway is driving me insane. The prints are especially outrageous this season, but I love it.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Imogen said...

There are a lot of dresses that I love here and I like it how the suits are so patterned and colourful.

Anonymous said...

diazepam generic buy diazepam online no rx - diazepam oral dose

Anonymous said...

diazepam online diazepam 2 mg with alcohol - buy diazepam online usa

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online xanax xr generic pictures - 2 xanax pills

Anonymous said...

zolpidem online zolpidem tartrate ar - does zolpidem tartrate do you

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online 2mg of diazepam and alcohol - diazepam 2mg for muscle spasms