Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spring Sewing

I don't have a job at the moment so I have a lot of time for sewing. Here's what I'm planning for spring.I love leopard print. I think having a leopard suit would be wonderful and you could pair the separate pieces with other things. I plan on using the Cloverfrom Colette patterns. I think the shape is really nice and the length would be good for me. It took so long to find a basic blazer but thenGertie announced the Starlet Suit Jacket. I love this because it's simple and it comes with videos on tailoring. I think a simple blazer is important since it's going to be made in leopard.
I love my DVF circle dress I don't wear it that much because I don't really go out much but I think a tank version could be great for everyday. I'd make it in black,white and gray so it could be worn with more things. I'm going to try to draft the pattern myself. I think I can do it. I plan on making McCall's 6331 in a red that matches my favorite lipstick, Urban Decay in Revolution. I already have the fabric and notions I will change the skirt to a circle, like I did with my white version.
I'm also helping my friend make a cosplay which is a new challenge for me.

3 comments :

Bonnie said...

It takes a lot of talent to sew like this. I wish I had that skill.


http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Ali said...

Your sewing skills are quite immaculate-- something I seriously wish I was better at/could even do. I tried sewing once and my first dress was basically a potato sack with arms. I'm excited to see that tank top!

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Wao, these are great projects! I'm sure you will do great, I can't wait to see how they turn ou!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com