Friday, January 20, 2012

Vintage Coats

I adore vintage coats. They have an amazing style. Unfortunately, most of them make me look like I'm playing dress up. They are gorgeous to look at. So let's start our weekend with some pretty.I'm the kind of person who knows they can't wear a light colored coat because they tend to spill hot chocolate on themselves. This coat makes me want to become less clumsy. The dramatic collar is my favorite part.
I have a green coat like this red velvet coat. I call it my princess coat; this coat is even more perfect for a princess.
I love the shape of this coat. It's black so it goes with everything. It would look stunning with pops of color in tights, gloves and handbag.
Normally I dislike short coats but I have a weakness for anything leopard. I love the shape on
this. A short swing coat is great if you don't like the way long swing coats look on you.
This is my favorite. I love the detachable cape. The coat is great by itself but, the cape elevates it to a new height of awesome. The color is so wonderful.

8 comments :

Ali said...

I adore that first one, especially how it buttons up on the side. *___* And ahh the color of the last one!

Bonnie said...

I have been kind of obsessed with vintage coats, too, ever since I saw someone on campus wearing one.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Kat said...

oh wow these coats are sooo amazing! the last one is sooo lovely! :D

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

E said...

I have never seen anything like that last one! What a treasure! This is what I love about vintage - one of a kind!

Clara Turbay said...

I like your style so much! Great post.
http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

These are amazing. The first one has such a dramatic color and I love the flaired "skirt" on the black coat. It makes me want to wear ladylike gloves and meet my friends for ice skating and tea.

Imogen said...

They are all lovely. My favorite is the red coat closely followed by the leopard print and the blue coat.

Beauty Follower said...

Great coat in the first picture.