Saturday, November 12, 2011

My style decade

This week's IFB project is about our favorite style decade. My favorite decade to wear is the 1950s. I love the feeling of swishing around in a big full skirt. It was also a fun decade for accesories: sweater guards,shoe clips and brooches!
This is a really old outfit but it includes my favorite 50s dress. It is so lovely with floral chiffon. I do need to wear it more. Today I'm going to my favorite vintage store maybe I'll be back with more 50s clothes.

9 comments :

menina elegante said...

super cute!! :) I love your dress! xx

Jaki said...

The colour of that dress is gorgeous!

http://www.sheer-heart.com/

Ahka Vintage said...

Yah 50's is incredible - they really emphasized the tiny waist with the fashion.

Ahka Vintage Blog
Ahka Facebook
Ahka Tweets

whitney said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Your dress is lovely :)

Kaleido Mind said...

love the era and the dress:D

Couture Carrie said...

Awesome decade and look!

xoxox,
CC

Mary Ann said...

This is one of my fave style eras, too. I love the nipped waists and full skirts!

Carli said...

Love that dress! I've always been "afraid" to shop at vintage stores but you guys inspire me. Maybe I'll give it a go.

Célèste Brott of Fashion is Evolution said...

I love that your blog is called très fly. :)