Sunday, November 20, 2011

Embellished Tanks

My wardrobe has holes. The holes are separates. I have some skirts and jackets and cardigans; I lack shirts. I have a few tees but not too many real shirts. My plan is to sew some. I really like to wear sleeveless shirts and dresses because they work year round. In the winter they are easily paired with jackets and sweaters without getting bunchy sleeves. While making good basic tops is part of the plan, I think that some embellished tanks would add some interest.I love the the sheen from the Sass & Bide and Dolce & Gabbana looks. I love the pairing of rhinestones and lace too. I love the silk circles on my DVF dress so I think a tank like that would be great. If I made one like that I'd also make one in black and white.
Beaded shells are amazing. They look a bit costumey on hangers but they look wonderful on. This one is vintage from etsy. I found this amazing fabric that would make a wonderful update of the beaded shell.
Everyone knows that I adore feathers. I love thisAnn Taylor top. It would look awesome paired with a pencil skirt or even jeans.
Whats on your wish list?
I'm taking a Thanksgiving blog break. I'll be back the 26th with a new Shoe Saturday

21 comments :

Zarna said...

my wish list for the fall - gorgeous burgundy trousers!

Closet Fashionista said...

My wardrobe is lacking in separates too, well...tops and skirts :p
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Midwest Muse said...

I love embellished tops! I need to DIY some.

Couture Carrie said...

Love these, especially the feathered one!

xoxox,
CC

My 2 Pesos said...

Gorgeous girls! Facebook Twitter

Francesca R said...

I love embellished tanks so they are on my wishlist too!!!

Sophie Isobel said...

Oh wow, I want one!
x

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

Oooh, those ARE fierce. They definitely look like they'd make for a smashing DIY!

QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

Bonnie said...

I think I need something huge and gaudy like that. It seems fitting for me. :)

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

whitney said...

I love these! My wish list for fall is endless, but definitely includes a great pair of loafers and some warm skirts.

CMA said...

thanks so much for your comment! i love your blog, so i'll hope you'll come back and visit mine again soon!

yiqin; said...

pretty :)

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

These embellished tops are amazing!! I love all the colors and details!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

what can i say, yes please! the more the better

Megan said...

That vintage beaded shell is amazing! Beautiful.

Winnie said...

Oh wow i love the beaded tops you chose! I love the brightly coloured embellished ones, so much workmanship!

Kat said...

woah these tanks are awesome!!! :D

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

Laurel said...

I can't get enough print and color, myself, but I have a hard time with basic solid colors....I get too excited by the prints!

Fabrizia said...

Nice post, I like it so much! And I like your sense of style!!

Fox House giveaway on my blog!
Take a look and if you like follow me, I’ll be waiting for you: Cosa mi metto???

E said...

So in love with that Sass & Bide piece...the whole collection really...

hippiebohoreloaded. said...

they are really lovely and so nice for new year's eve!