Friday, October 14, 2011

Packing

My family went to Philadelphia last weekend. Vacations are interesting with my family because my mom loves to plan while my stepdad doesn't. We didn't really know what we going to do once we got there. My family knew that we wanted to see the Eastern State Penitentiary and the aquarium. Other than that we didn't know what to do. So how do you pack a suitcase if you aren't sure what you are going to do? I'll show you what I did. 8
Colors and Warmth- Most guides recommend that you stick to a color palette. That really works when you wear a lot of separates but since I'm a dress girl, I did a twist on that and just kept my outerwear coordinating. I brought a grey sweater and a white blazer. They both matched every outfit but they also went with each other so if I got cold, I could put the blazer on top of the sweater. Staying comfortable is a big deal on vacation. You want to look like your stylish self. I think having sleeveless or short sleeved items is a good way to pack for fall,spring and summer vacations. Winter you'd probably want to have some sleeves. Sometimes it is really hot outside and cold inside so taking your sweater with you will be more practical than wearing something long sleeved all day. I brought light tights and a pair of fleece lined tights in case it got cold at night.

Personal Style- This should really help you pack your suitcase. Take what you love to wear just make sure you are able to move in it for a while. You should also consider your environment. No matter how much you may love chiffon dresses, I think we can agree that you wouldn't want them in a place where you have no clue what you are doing. Vacation is a great place to try out new styles. If you have a blue lipstick you want to try, vacation is the perfect place to try because most likely you won't see the people you encounter again, so you may be a bit more confident. I would recommend bringing a just in case outfit. I brought jeans just in case the family did something athletic. I also suggest bringing a smart outfit or a smart jacket in case you decide to eat somewhere nice
Shoes and other- I brought two pairs of flats I tend not to wear heels on vacations because I assume I will be doing a lot of walking. I bought the pink suede boots while I was away. I also brought my lipstick,blister stick (that I neglected to use) and a big purse. Next time, I'll pack a smaller purse because by the end of the day the purse started to hurt my shoulder. Also, remember to pack underwear and pjs. Sadly I don't travel with a nice yellow trunk. I don't know if I got any outfit photos from Philly but if they didn't turn out good enough, I may put them back on.

8 comments :

Style Diaries said...

i so love that red booties

catwalk criminal said...

first pic is awesome ♥

Bonnie said...

I love the idea of a color palette. It makes it so easy to switch up the outfits!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Alissa said...

I love how your photos and packing were super coordinated :)

-http://fashionblag.blogspot.com

Audrey (hkittygirl) said...

Those red botties are so cool! :)

Courtney Erin said...

I am a huge fan of the color palette idea...and not packing many heels for a trip that will involve lots of walking!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Jessica L. said...

Aw, I love this post! So cute! I always have a hard time packing and end up overdoing it....I also love your shoes and that leopard print purse!- Jessica

http://thirtyandgirly.blogspot.com/

G said...

love the first pic!!! nice blog darling...would you like to follow eachother? :)
kisses
G.

www.thecihc.com