Thursday, October 6, 2011

Mustard

On the dress Nina challenge of Project Runway Michaeal Kors said that no one gets excited about yellow. As I watched in my yellow cardigan, I said, "ME,I get excited about mustard." I love mustard yellow. I have a mustard yellow cardigan that I wear with everything seriously. I guess in my mind mustard yellow goes with everything. Mustard is a great color anytime of the year. I love to wear it with fall food colors like: pumpkin,cranberry, and carmel. It's also a good transition color when paired with bright, saturated hues.
This is a warm weather fall look. The ASOS blouse has a really nice button back and pussy bow that give it a vintage vibe. A teal skirt looks lovely with yellow. A pair of sparkly shoes and a ring add some glam.
The fall look is very cozy but sophisticated. Mustard
pants are the center. It is topped with a
Marc by Marc Jacobs sweater in a warm cinnamon color. DVF shoes make the outfit chic. And a
Temporary Secretary necklace adds a little but of whimsy.

12 comments :

tiny dancer said...

Lovely picks! Everything is so saturated - so perfect for fall!

Tasia
http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

Ana said...

Wow that's a strong statement! I LOVE yellow, pretty much any variation of it and especially mustard for fall. I love the outfits you put together. The idea of pairing two brights used to be a little scary for me, but now I love it - I must find something in my wardrobe to emulate it! :)

Amber Blue Bird said...

these picks are divine. I love the bold rich colors of fall. those plum heels really caught my eye.

Couture Carrie said...

Love those sparkly pumps!

xoxox,
CC

Meagan said...

I get excited about yellow too. I love mustard. I have added several mustard pieces to my closet over the last year or so and I can't get enough of them!
-Meagan
www.spunkychateau.com

Zarna said...

those DVF shoes are fantastic!

CMA said...

gorgeous pieces!

HIPPIEBOHORELOADED said...

mustard is such a beautiful colour for autumn, and I love the jacket you've chosen

hippiebohoreloaded.

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

i love mustard and i love the combination with petrol! and you look amazing in mustard

Fabrizia said...

Great selection, love the sequinheels!
Take a look at my blog, and if you like it, follow me, I'll be waiting for you!

Cosa mi metto???

She is Sara said...

I have been coveting mustard pants as well! I love your blog! Your header is sweet :)

Xo
~Sara

catwalk criminal said...

i love the yellow shirt ♥