Tuesday, October 4, 2011

NYFW Part 3

In my mission to make Fashion Week as long as possible, here are three short reviews to start your week. We have Alice + Olivia,Carolina Herrera, and Marchesa. Saying Alice + Olivia was slightly disjointed is an understatement. The connecting thread was retro but, a specific era wasn't nailed down. However, I did like most of the looks on there own. A floral sheath and floral wide legged pants were my stand out pieces.
Marchesa always makes me wish I was a princess. They use feathers and fringe so well. Fringe was used in a new way in a white dress dripping with sex appeal. Marchesa is living up to its namesake.
Carolina Herrera showed a great bird print that looked spectacular in maxi dresses and peeking out of coats. This is a collection for a girl on the go; the pieces looked breezy and like they could pack very well. There is a jacket with a wide lapel that I love. Some of the dresses have a slight geometric feel to them.

18 comments :

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

i always pay a visit to the alice and olivia store in nyc! i never bought something but i love the easy rock and roll style of the brand

yiqin; said...

my fave is pfw!!

Isabel Spectre said...

I love the Alice + Olivia bell bottoms!!!

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Great post! I really love the Alice and Olivia outfits. They are so bright and fun!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

menina elegante said...

The Marchesa dresses are just flawless! :) x

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Awesome. Love all the colors in the first one!

Rose-et-Violet said...

Marchesa is love!

-Rose

amy said...

I cannot decide which image I like more. The colors and fabrics are all fabulous. The first collection is dressed in my favorite Hues. Plucked straight from the garden (:

hugs (^.^) hope to hear from you *
amyflyingakite.com

Fashion Cappuccino said...

I wish I could live in a Marchesa's dress because they look so dreamy! xoxoxoo

the nyanzi report said...

well written.

Fabrizia said...

Great selection I like it! Come and visit my blog, and if you like it, follow me, I'll be waiting for you!

Cosa mi metto???

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

LOVE Alice + Olivia!

P.S. I'm hosting a scarf swap today and would love for you to join in!

Sara Szatmary said...

Caroline Herrera is so timeless with a bit of whimsy. I am constantly in love with her stuff.

catwalk criminal said...

love the first one, so colorful ♥

Gertrude said...

The first pictures makes me happy hehe :) x

livinglikelucio said...

I love the first three outfits, especially the one with the blue skirt. Prints are going to be big, and that bird print dress makes me excited to see what's in store.

Tinfoils Tiaras said...

I would like any (or all!) of Carolina Herrera's creations- the graphics are stunning! Great review and great blog- now following :)

I V Y said...

alice + olivia! amazing colours and patterns!

xo zebra and meerkat