Saturday, September 24, 2011

Shoe Saturday:Studs

I've been so busy with work and drivers ed that I haven't been commenting and posting as much. I'm done drivers ed now. I decided that a few Saturdays when I post it will be about shoes. I'm calling it "Shoe Saturday" because alliteration is fun. This week's Shoe Saturday is focusing on studs. Studs add some badassery to otherwise plain shoes or plain outfits. The Sam Edelman Lorissa,my favorite shoe on this list, looks classy from the front but fun from the back. The mullet of shoes. Imagine pairing it with fifties style dresses or wide legged pants for a more casual look. The rhinestones add some sweetness. I saw these shoes at Nordstrom a while ago and showed them to the family and they asked if I was getting into S&M. So they may not be the best shoes if you hang with a conservative crowd.
They look like simple pumps with a bow on them at first glance but, when you move in closer you realize the bow has some studs on it.The Bruno Magli heelsare a great mix between sweet and sassy. With a bow for your girly side and studs for your wild side, this shoe becomes a basic shoe with a twist.
The skull is the center piece of this Alexander McQueen shoe. The studs frame it so nicely. The skull reminds me of mermaids at the bow of a ship.Suede is the perfect fabric for this shoe. Even with a giant rhinestone skull at it's center, this shoe manages to be subtle.

10 comments :

Couture Carrie said...

Amazing shoes!
Especially loving the first pair!

xoxox,
CC

Courtney Erin said...

I just adore all three pairs!


xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

bridechic said...

True gems!

Lidiya said...

While I like all three pairs, the first is just so so fierce <3
http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

CMA said...

love your blog!
hurry and come enter my giveaway for a GORGEOUS black strapless dress from PromGirl, valued at over $150! the giveaway is open until this sunday at midnight, so get to it! i hope to see your name as an entry!

-COSMICaroline
www.COSMICaroline.com

Chelsea Lane said...

I LOVE all McQueen peep toes. that first pair is killer too! love!

xoxo

Rach said...

I love all of your picks! The first pair especially has been on my to buy list for a very long time
www.sugarfilledcloset.com

RAW Fashion Magazine said...

Sam Edelman has some amazing styles
www.rawfashionmagazine.com

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

i have seen the edelman shoes before and i think they are wicked! oh and every girl should have a pair of Mcqueens! the ultimate must haves!

DailyGlamour said...

perfect selection ! Waiting you on my page
xx