Monday, September 5, 2011

Nailing it

This is my submission to this week's IFB project. The theme is nails. I'm going to show you what is currently on my nails and the story of my first manicure. I'm currently wearing Sally Hansen Salon effects in Check it out. I love these nail sticker because they are quick to do (about 20 minutes from prep to the end) and they are a fun change from my usual no polish or red polish. They also last a long time. When I did the leopard ones they lasted a bit over a week. I think using them for the fun prints makes the most sense because they cost way more than a normal bottle of nail polish.

My first real manicure was around last Christmas. I went with my mom and grandmom. Occasionally I would get my nails painted by my mom's nail lady that used to come to our house but I had never gotten the whole treatment. My grandmother love to have her nails done so I went with her. We went to the little nail salon near her house and I picked out a red that matched my lipstick because I'm predictable.

Then I went with my manicurist to the table where she proceeded to push back and cut my cuticles. I don't know why this is done. Then she lotioned my hands. We didn't talk to much; I am terrible at doing small talk. She told me that my grandma and I were adorable together. Then as she painted my nails asked if I had a boyfriend. I said no and she asked why don't you have one? I didn't really have a good answer then my nails were done and she moved on to the next customer.
That was my last manicure, I haven't gone back since. Maybe because I'm lazy or because I'm bad at new situations. What is on your nails?

29 comments :

Couture Carrie said...

Fun manicure, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Dresses for Dinner said...

This is really cool. I love painting my nails, but I'm so terrible at it. This turned out really well.

xoxo, Jessica

Shea said...

I love the way your nails turned out--I've never tried those before, I think I need to! And I never go get manicures either--I have a hard time spending money on things like that.

Plami said...

Very beautiful and stylish manicure! I love it!

XoXo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

caroline said...

wow, that's marvelous, i L I K E those nails!!

Winnie said...

Love the manicure, it turned out so well! I need to paint my nails now...

Francesca R said...

Cool nails! I have a beige nail polish on my nails right now!
xx
http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/

Adiel said...

I love houndstooth! This mani is rad!

Isabel Spectre said...

Cute nails! I think it is kind of weird that people assume that people need to have a significant other in their life.. why would she ask you that? anyways manicures are fun to get and they make your hands and nails feel great!!

Vanessa said...

I love the houndstooth manicure! I've seen these other places and always been tempted to try it!

Mikrofalla said...

Amazing manicure! :)

lizchewy said...

I love manicures and pedicures!! I always feel so pampered when I get them done!!

Your nails look so pretty!! I have been meaning to try out the Sally Hansen Salon effects sticker but they are quite pricey.... >____<

xoxo
Lizzo

chewylove.blogspot.com

ChiccaStyle said...

WWO,super cute!!!

the nyanzi report said...

great job. it looks fantastic.

Anna Muchart. said...

lovely post, i follow you, if you like my blog follow me!:)

xoxo A.

meguire said...

Cool nails! I've never been to a manicure...

meguire said...

Cool nails! I've never been to a manicure...

Katia said...

I always get pedicures, never had a mani.! I love the print :)

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh I love it! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

alexandra.samarina said...

Thank you dear for your commeny!
Love your manicure! So fun and young!

X

Alexandra

www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Very cute nails!

Jess said...

I love this! I haven't tried nail stickers yet, but I guess I really need to try them. So fun.

Closet Hound said...

Your nails are super cute!

xo Sherrie
Closet Hound

Claire said...

i just bought some of those Sally Hansen design nail things but they are so expensive! but i do hear they last for 3 weeks or so. the houndstooth is very VERY cute!!!

spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Love the print!

Imogen said...

Beautiful. I love this pattern on everything including nails!

Josie said...

That's such a fun manicure, doll!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

em.me.ma said...

i bloged about whats on my nail! i've got a diamon necklace and a bow haha. check it out :P

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

oh girl, where do you find those perfect dresses! the shape is beyond perfection, love love the movement! the colors are so bright and they are perfect