Thursday, September 1, 2011

Challenge Report Card

So it is September and that means that my August clothing challenge is over. For the month of August, I challenge myself to get more wear out of nine pieces in my closet: a pink dress,pink bed jacket,chiffon dress,blueberry top,embroidered skirt,sequin shorts,pink shoes,leopard shoes, and polka dot shoes. Now is the time to see how I did. So I made a little questionnaire. What did you wear the most?
I wore my polka dot shoes and pink dress the most. There aren't a lot of documented photos of the shoes but I guarantee you that I wore them a lot. I wore the pink dress twice because I'm determined for it to fit into my wardrobe because I put many great details into the dress.
The least?
I wore the shorts,leopard shoes and pink shoes the least. The shorts feel too formal for day but I feel that I can work them easier for day in the fall. The leopard shoes were worn once because they still need to be broken in. The pink shoes were worn once because they feel very very dainty and I don't think I'm used to that.
Not at all?
I didn't wear the bed jacket, skirt and chiffon dress. I don't know what to wear with the jacket. I never thought about the skirt and it is just too hot to wear a dress with so many layers in this heat.
For lesser worn pieces what will you do to get more wear out of them in the future? I think I will pair my shorts with tights and jackets in the fall. I'll find/make some wide belts for my pink dress. I will break out the chiffon dress in spring when it is a bit cooler. I still don't know what to wear with the pink jacket.
After the challenge is there anything you realize doesn't work in your wardrobe? Can you fix that?
Sadly, I don't think the pink jacket works well in my current wardrobe. It looks out of place with black. I do occasionally wear around the house. I could wear it the few days a year I wear jeans to add a girly edge.

So this is the end of this months wardrobe challenge. Is anyone interested in participating in the next one? I will announce more details around mid-September if anyone is interested.

24 comments :

Closet Fashionista said...

You did a pretty good job though. I have some pieces in my closet that are totally out of place too...haha...so sad XD
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Couture Carrie said...

Fun challenge, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Style Diaries said...

i love the second look. the skirt looks lovely.

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

Good job on the challenge! I have pieces in my wardrobe that don't work with everything else, so I understand how difficult that can be.

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

alexandra.samarina said...

Oh the pink dress is absolutely lovely!!!!!!So cute! Love it! And it suits you perfectly! very lady like:)

X

Alexandra

http://fashion-bridge.blogspot.com/

Anna said...

Try the pink jacket with skinny jeans, a white tee, and the leopard shoes. I think it'll make for a great look.

Annebeth said...

this is such a sweet idea :) we all have those pieces we just don't wear enough and sometimes forcing yourself can be the perfect push!

Zarna said...

what a cool challenge! looks like you did a great job!

Jacqueline said...

I love this :D

Style, She Wrote said...

Great work and lovely outfits. xo style, she wrote

Marina said...

Congratulations on finishing your challenge.. Can't wait to see the next one :)

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

what a fabulous way to deal with your closet! it is actually some kind of assessment you have made of your closet

Francesca R said...

In any case you did a good job! This is a very interesting challenge!
xx
http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/

Courtney Erin said...

I think you're definitely right about the shorts maybe being more versatile in fall.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Marisa Noelle said...

Sounds like a successful challenge. Congrats! I've definitely been weeding down my wardrobe lately & shopping much less. That pink dress of yours is one of my favs!!

Roza said...

thank you for your lovely comment
xxx
www.alittlebitofroza.blogspot.com

Katia said...

Interesting challenge.. I make sure to buy clothes I know I wear.. so I don't have the problem :) but its smart to do!

ronan said...

great job on the challenge! i love these looks :) xxx

http://ronanronanronan.blogspot.com/

EvA said...

Thanx so much for your comment, dear! You have a great blog! <3
xoxo
Eva
Enter my giveaway - http://call-me-eva.blogspot.com/2011/09/giveaway.html

vintage process said...

Great looks!! I love it!!

Meagan said...

Still loving those sequined shorts!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

Erica said...

Nice colors for the summer!

-Erica
http://allaboutitt.blogspot.com/
http://ericasmolin.chloeandisabel.com/

the nyanzi report said...

fun challenge.

kenyatta Manning Pictures said...

pink is a good color for you.