Saturday, August 6, 2011

McQueen

Yesterday, my stepdad and I went to New York to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit. We had a quite a journey getting there. Our car stopped in New Jersey, thankfully, the nice people at Autozone gave us a jump and replaced our battery.
We got to the museum and got in the longest line ever. It was like a line at Disney World. We met a super nice woman from D.C.
When we reached the end of the line our patience was rewarded and we were greeted with that microscope slide and ostrich feather dress. My stepdad went ahead and said he would meet me at the end.
The first room had all of these wonderfully tailored jackets. This one was my favorite.This exhibit made me notice pieces I've never noticed before. Like the one above. It was so stunning in person. The place was peppered with his quotes which only made me love everything more.At the end, I was face to face with my favorite dress of all time. It's romantic and dark at the same time. That's what McQueen is all about. Somehow the dress is even more perfect in person. It was a wonderful exhibit and worth all the wait.

16 comments :

Sara Shoemaker said...

my favorite is the garden dress at the end. so dreamy it's like a Secret Garden you can WEAR!



The House of Shoes

head over heels said...

would have loved to see this, its just not the same in photos x

the nyanzi report said...

now that is one heck of an exhibition.

Laurel said...

I'm jealous! That exhibit looks amazing...

Laurel said...

I'm jealous! That exhibit looks amazing...

Closet Fashionista said...

*sigh* sooo gorgeous! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Irina Lori said...

I already heard so much about that exhibition! I hope they bring it sometimes to Russia ;)

t said...

Great looks!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Josie said...

I love the last dress. The McQueen collections are always so stunning.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

design traveller said...

Dramatic :)

Cafe Fashionista said...

Oh, the first and last dresses are pure perfection. J'adore! :)

Dilan Dilir said...

cool dresses:)

Laura said...

it was definitly worth it! The garden dress is amazing!

audrey marie said...

saw this back in may - such an amazing exhibit!

Zarna said...

i would just love to see this exhibit!

sharon lei said...

McQueen is a fashion mastermind... he is truly an inspiration.

I wish Hawaii wasn't so far away from NYC.. Savage Beauty would have been amazing to see in person.

xx Love & Aloha