Saturday, August 20, 2011

Blogging Tool kit

The theme of this week's IFB project is blogger tool kit. I'm sharing what is in mine.
Laptop- This is my laptop. I got it last year, I use to use a Gateway that was almost as old as I am. I like this because it is very portable so if I wanted to write a post from my living room while waiting for a cake to finish baking, I can.
Notebook- I got this notebook from Marshall's. It has a really pretty cover with early Andy Warhol drawings. I use it to write down post ideas and take notes on runway photos. I used to use my laptop for that but I found it's quicker to leave the photo up and write in the notebook and it's always there to flip back to.
Index Cards- Index cards are along the same lines as the notebook. I use them for post ideas, to-do lists, writing down which photos to use. I'm going to start using them to start writing down photography tips and keep them in my bag for when I take my outfit photos.
Pencil - I use really cheap Papermate mechanical pencils. I love them so much. Most mechanical pencils break for me. It turns out I write very intensely but these do not break.
Ipod- I use this to check emails in other areas of my house.
Camera (not shown) I use the camera to take my daily outfit photos. It's not shown because it was taking this picture. I use a Sony Cybershot.
Tripod( not shown)- The tripod is also an important part of my toolkit. It was a really good investment for my photos. I used to have to take photos in certain spots because I needed to balance my camera on something. Now I can go anywhere.
That's my toolkit. What's in yours? Is there anything you think I should add to mine?

21 comments :

Andrea said...

great post! i really have to think about new ideas for my blog too...

Couture Carrie said...

Awesome post, darling!
I need a tripod...

xoxox,
CC

Irina Lori said...

I only using a netbook :) :)

Closet Fashionista said...

How fun! I love seeing/reading what you use for your posts, hehe
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Courtney Erin said...

Your toolkit is WAY more evolved than mine...it consists entirely of my camera and laptop. Oh, and an external hard drive that I use to back up all my content on.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Closet Hound said...

Your toolkit is way more comprehensive than mine! The only thing I'd think about adding are things that are implied, like pens/pencils haha. Or perhaps a business card or something like that.

xo Sherrie
Closet Hound

LyddieGal said...

Having a laptop is great, it's so nice to be able to blog where ever you go!

Francesca R said...

What a great tool kit!!
Xx
http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com

Temporary:Secretary said...

You're so organised. I just go with the flow when it comes to blogging but my kit includes: laptop, camera and boyfriend (to take pics for me!) x

Miss Unicorn said...

I have exactly what you have exept I really need to get myself a tripod, right now I use every person I can find to hold my camera but it takes forever to give them instructions on what I want

the nyanzi report said...

good stuff. may i add that you also need an external portable drive for backup.

menina elegante said...

cute post!! :) x

Zarna said...

my tool kit: camera, lenses, and macbook. i think thats it!

Helen said...

This was an interesting post. You're much more organised than me!

Isabel Spectre said...

thats a good list! I need to have a tripod for realz.. and a better camera gwahh

Laura said...

This is something I never thought of but I could clearly use! I can see how it would make blogging so much more efficient!

Anđela Vitorović said...

Beautiful blog!

UNDERNEATH THE STARS

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

what an interesting post! we do need a lot of stuff, that is for sure!

Plami said...

Great post! All of these are included in my tool kit as well:) I will post t tomorrow so come by if you like :)

XoXo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

Em said...

Great post! Love this IFB project

http://fashionhacks.blogspot.com/

Midnight Cowgirl said...

I like the idea about using index cards - they are just the right size for notes :)