I finished sewing my perfect summer dress. I haven't started the embroidery yet. I used McCall's 6331. I made a major change. I didn't like the style of skirt so I changed it to a circle skirt. The skirt is pretty short but I love my skirts short and my heels high. The embroidery on the skirt will be a coral reef with coral,seaweed,fish, and a seahorse or two. I found some new stitches to try out. They'll provide a bit of texture.
I made view C. I really like this pattern. It fits nicely and I love the slight bustier style top. I'm going to make the romper next in the brown floral. Since I love the top half of the dress, I may use it to make a few tops. If you read the sewing plan post you know that I lack stylish tops.Since it was a halter style I didn't want to wear a bra with it so I used Sewaholic's bust pad method. She used five circles and said it wasn't enough. I used 11 and I think it may be too much but it still works well. Here's a detail of the bust. I found it difficult to get the cups in on the first try so I hand basted them in. You can see that it's a bit padded. There's also top stitching. I used a waist stay because the skirt will need to hold up a lot of embroidery and the last pieces of my sanity. Since the top was lined I left a small hole where the stay could go through. I also hand-picked the zipper.