Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Audrey Style

Audrey Hepburn is one of my style icons. Cliched, I know but sometime cliches are cliches for a reason. I'd describe my style as "Audrey Hepburn on an acid trip" meaning I tend to stick to fifties and sixties shapes but go crazy with the color. The school yearbook asked me that question; I couldn't use that quote so I said, "vintage with a twist'. Hepburn has a simple lady like style.Hepburn wore coats so well. While most envied the little black dress in Breakfast at Tiffany's I loved the orange coat. By loved I mean went on an extensive hunt for a similar coat and wound up with a nice orange pea coat. I realize they aren't the same but I'm still waiting for the perfect one. While the coats her characters wear are simple they have a striking detail like a bright color or stand collar that make them unique.Audrey would have loved this pink Anthropologie coat. The stand collar and color are very vintage inspired.
Trenches are wonderful and romantic. Just ask Holly Golightly. They are always in style. The khaki trench is classic and great for every occasion. The striped one is a daring choice.
When talking about Audrey Hepburn's style it is impossible to ignore the little black dress. She made it an icon.The crisscross dress has an interesting back. The BB Dakota dress is simply adorable.

22 comments :

Courtney Erin said...

I love all these - especially the Anthropologie jacket!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Bad Joan said...

These pieces are so lovely, perfect staples!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com

caroline said...

that coat is so elegant and sweet

Closet Fashionista said...

Such great looks! I love that first coat! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post, darling!
I neeeed that coat!

xoxox,
CC

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post, darling!
I neeeed that coat!

xoxox,
CC

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post, darling!
I neeeed that coat!

xoxox,
CC

Fashion Cappuccino said...

That BB dakota dress is beautiful!

Temporary:Secretary said...

Such an amazing and classic style, so chic! x

E said...

Ummm, my credit card levitated out of my wallet as soon as I saw that incredible pink coat. Seriously, it was like magic.

LyddieGal said...

I cant get over that first coat. it is just too adorable.

Chic on the Cheap

Claire said...

i absolutely adore that coat! it's gorgeous and what a great color!

spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Sara said...

Wow the trenches from these pictures are lovely, I adore trenches and these ones are insanely cool, I especially like the striped black and white one, it’s perfect. Your blog is lovely and I'm a new follower! Hope you'll like my blog and follow back!

Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

That first coat is so pretty! And I love the term "A.H. on acid style" Very cool!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Audrey always knew how to look like a million bucks - j'adore her style! :)

Winnie said...

That coat is so beautiful. What a gorgeous find!

Katie said...

Wow these are all so gorgeous! Love them all xo

Amanda said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog :) That light pink/coral-looking coat from Anthro is TO DIE FOR, I'm so in love with it!!!
And I laughed out loud about your personal style quote-that's perfect!

http://thelittlestunicornonearth.blogspot.com

Shea said...

I'm a big Audrey fan too--she just wore clothes SO well! How can you not love Audrey? And that pink coat is adorable!

Emma and Sarah said...

Great blog ! Follow each other ?

XOXO


www.just-wishes.blogspot.com

Josie said...

She's my icon as well -- black dress + trench coat = utter perfection in my book!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Grace said...

I love the cut of these coats!