Monday, July 25, 2011

Sewing Plan

I've been thinking about a sewing plan.It's made me think of hole in my wardrobe. There is a chance I won't accomplish all of them. My sewing goal is to start using nicer fabrics and do more details. A big gap in my wardrobe is tops. I have so many cute skirts but pairing them is hard. In the shops, it's hard to find a blouse that isn't a tee or one that makes you look like a secretary. I can imagine the first one in a blue or emerald. The second set is really pretty it could look a bit mature on me. The last group is so youthful. I think the halter would be great in a tiny floral or graphic print. I tend to favor sleeveless items because they go from season to season easily. You can pair them with sweaters in the colder months without weird sleeve bulge. McCall's 2206. I picked this up at the thrift store. Of course, I love the sleeveless view. I think it would look wonderful in a nice mustard or bold purple. And the long sleeve in a cool black and white print would look perfectly mod.Another Joan Holloway dress. My last Joan dress wasn't a failure but I haven't worn it out. I think this time I will use a modern pattern and use vintage details like hand picked zippers. The Jenny Lewis romper. I already have the fabric. Well I've had it for three years and I may have enough left to make a cute matching skirt. The print isn't exactly the same but it's a brown floral and that's close enough for me.
What holes are there in your wardrobe?

20 comments :

wardrobeexperience said...

can't wait to see the results.... you're so talented.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Fashion Cappuccino said...

That sounds like a great idea! I don't have a lot of dresses so I'm going to buy more of them! xoxoxoo

Courtney Erin said...

That was one of my all time favorite Joan dress - so pretty.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

LyddieGal said...

I love your ambitious sewing endeavors! good luck, and i cant wait to see the results!

Chic on the Cheap

Couture Carrie said...

Loooove that Joan dress!
Happy sewing!

xoxox,
CC

Shea said...

I hope you share what you sew so I can be jealous of your sewing skills! I keep telling myself I'll take a class but I just haven't had time!

Kitsune-kun said...

thanks for your comment! wow, I wish I was good enough at sewing to even think about tackling this projects! good luck!

erica marie said...

I'm the opposite, I have so many shirts but not enough bottoms...

erica

erica marie said...

I'm the opposite, I have so many shirts but not enough bottoms...

erica

SomeoneLikeYou said...

Like you, I am in definate lack of shirts/blouse to go with all my bottoms! I need to stop buying so many darn dresses...

Isabel Spectre said...

aww wow! that sounds like a lot of sewing and planning, but good luck!! I wish I could do things like that, but I am not patient enough. I liked the last tops that you linked best. Have fun doing all of that!! I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

Girl about town.... said...

What an amazing idea! Can't wait to see what you'll do. I wish I was as creative as you!

Girl about Town XxX

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Great sewing projects! I can't sew at all :( REally want to learn though!

Andrea said...

i love the romper :)

Josie said...

I can't WAIT to see what you make, doll! I'm in need of cute, casual skirts.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

FALCO VERONICA said...

cute blog! I’ll follow you!
I have a fashion blog too, I hope u'll be one of my followers on Bloglovin and on Facebook:-)
thanks:-)
VERONICA
http://lifegivemefashion.blogspot.com

The Blushing Fox said...

i love to sew too. the last photo is so stunning

Jessica said...

Thanks for your comment, good luck with your sewing :)

http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

Please take a minute to look at my trunkshow;

http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

Claire said...

what a fun dress and love the sunglasses! i am currently reading water for elephants. it's pretty good. and i'm almost done. i loved time traveler's wife (the book). it was just so romantic and i totally felt their longing for each other!

spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Shevah said...

Love the dress! :)



www.shevahh.blogspot.com
xo