Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fly Away

I wore my embroidered skirt to run some errands. I changed into something else to hang out with my friends. It took me so long to finish this skirt and I barely wear it. Do you ever take a long time on things and never use them? I remember spending countless hours of rehearsals embroidering this.Shirt-Thrift, Skirt- Made by me, Shoes- ThriftI decided to balance out the innocent bottom half of my outfit with a slightly sexy top. I feel like the lace is a nice contrast to balloons and ruby slippers.I really like this skirt but I always have trouble pairing it with things and it has so many colors so it should go with a lot.

18 comments :

Andrea said...

such a lovely skirt :)

Alex said...

how did you do that skirt!? It's fabulous!

Laura said...

You did such an amazing job on that skirt!

Couture Carrie said...

Your skirt is so beautiful ~ nicely done!

xoxox,
CC

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

What a great skirt!

meg said...

Such an adorable skirt!

ivy's closet said...

Totally lovely photo shoot.

Tea For Two said...

:o Stunning.. I am so jealous of that skirt.

Courtney Erin said...

That's such a cute skirt!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

SomeoneLikeYou said...

I just adore your new header! And of course this darling skirt totally takes my breath away... ❤

Kitsune-kun said...

thank you! love you skirt, so cute! I've been wanting to embroider some of my skirts and dresses but I've no idea where to start.....one day I'll be brave enough.

Oh my Dior! said...

that is a really pretty skirt love the print!

awesome post!

http://www.ohmydior.org/

erica marie said...

wow, I can't believe you embroidered that yourself. It's so cute...great job. Lovely outfit :)

erica

Josie said...

That skirt is just DARLING!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

The Blushing Fox said...

i so love your look, that skirt looks extremely gorgeous on you dear.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I so love everything about this look on you, Jess - the ruby slippers are the perfect finishing touch!! :)

Claire said...

i can't believe you embroidered your own skirt! it's amazing. seriously gorgeous. you have a true talent!

spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Madeline Quaint said...

I couldn't leave this skirt uncommented, how wonderful! It's a pity you don't wear it more often, it's so special... I can imagine it with simple tees and colourful tights in block colours, like the baloons... I love it!