Friday, July 29, 2011

August Challenge

I have a lot of clothes I love but don't wear. I'm sure you do too. My sartorial goal for August is to incorporate these nine items (2 tops,2 bottoms,2 dresses,3 shoes) into my wardrobe more. I feel like if I do this once or twice a season I will wind up with a well worn closet.1. This beautiful pink jacket. I love it because it is so floaty and girly. I just have no clue what to pair it with. I think it looks silly with black and much too sweet with really girly items.
2. Blueberry top made by me. I like it but no clue what to wear it with. It looks good with it's companion dress. 3. Handmade embroidered skirt. I spent a good three months embroidering it and it looks so good but I never wear it.
4. Forever 21 sequin shorts. I was so excited to get them. I need to figure out how to make them work for daytime.5. Pink Joan dress. I love it. It's well made. The hand picked zipper is stunning. It longer than I'm used to so I sort of feel like a one woman salute to pepto bismol.
6. Vintage Chiffon dress. I love love love this it just feels so costume-y. This is the piece that concerns me for this month because it may be too hot to wear it. It has a lot of layers.
7. Polka dot heels. Cute and worn occasionally.
8. Pink heels. Adorable but they feel so sweet.
9. Leopard flats. Most of my flats look like they've had a rough life these still look presentable.
What pieces aren't worn frequently in your closet?

24 comments :

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh I love those pieces! I can't wait to see you wear them more often! :D
I wear pretty much everything in my closet in good rotation :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Couture Carrie said...

Awesome goal, darling!
So excited to see what you put together!

xoxox,
CC

SomeoneLikeYou said...

What great pieces to try and fit into your closest! This is seriously something I should consider doing because so many of my pieces go unworn...

swellmayde said...

that's such a great challenge! can't wait to see how you put it all together :)

take care, aimee

diy blog: swellmayde

Mary ♥ Mur said...



I love your post and blog so much!!!.))

I need your help. I spend another survey but this time with another question.
"Where do you prefer to shop? What is your favorite shopping center?"

Nikki said...

oh, that pink dress is beautiful! exactly what I'm looking for actually! I would wear it in fall, with tights and boots and a light grey cardigan ^^ x

Rach said...

Love the challenge idea! I definitely have a couple of pieces I need to work into my wardrobe more often. Cant wait to see how you style them.
http://www.sugarfilledcloset.com

Jessica said...

Thanks for your comment, I need to sort out my wardrobe :)

http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

Please take a minute to look at my trunkshow;

http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

MartilaMi said...

WONDERFUL BLOG!
HI! my name's martina and I come from Italy... I'd like you visit my blog and if you want.... follow me! I wait you and your tips!
Thanks! kisses, Marti! ;DDDDD
Glamour Marmalade

menina elegante said...

Super cute idea!! Love those sequin shorts. :) x

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Those sequin shorts are so cute! xoxoxo

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

Ah, I totally know what you're saying. This is a great idea! And ahhh, these pieces are way adorable, so I know you'll whip out great looks!

QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

i think that is just a fabulous idea! we always have things that we do not wear (enough)! be creative and try to wear them, that is an excellent idea, i have to follow your example

Laurel said...

Oh boy, do I want to come over and play in your closet! There are so many great outfit possibilities here! Try the sequined shorts with tights and a band t-shirt when it gets cooler, and the embroidered skirt with a fitted tee tucked into it. I could go on and on...

The Urban Fashion Gal said...

Those are great pieces! Good luck. I have a problem ignoring some pieces in my wardrobe as well.

Meagan said...

Those sequined shorts are amazing! I'd wear them in the daytime. Throw them on with some boots and a t-shirt and they'd look perfect!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

Shea said...

That sounds like a great challenge! I can't wait to see how you wear that floral top especially!

audrey marie said...

thats a great challenge - i have so many pieces i forget to wear!

Josie said...

I love those sequined shorts! I'd do them with a simple white tee and flats for day.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Maryse said...

So lovely!

X

erica marie said...

Lovely pieces, I can't wait to see how you decide to wear them!! I think there are so many things in my closet that I don't wear enough.

erica
come check out my giveaway!!

Vanessa said...

That embroidered skirt is jaw-droppingly cute! Can't wait til you wear it!

Jen said...

I have so many pieces in my closet that I haven't even worn because I always say that I need to buy something else to make it work. Might have to attempt something similar so I can decide on whether some pieces should stay or go. I look forward to seeing how it goes for you, good luck!

Amanda said...

Thanks for the comment! I love this idea you have of picking a handful of pieces and incorporating them into your wardrobe more! I need to do the same thing, hopefully it will help to re-think a lot of pieces we usually always wear the same way! Can't wait to see how you wear it all!!!

http://thelittlestunicornonearth.blogspot.com/