Thursday, June 30, 2011

What to wear for the Fourth of July

Fourth of July is a great holiday. It revolves around fireworks and food, two of my favorite things. I guess its also about freedom and patriotism but I can't eat that. I like to dress in themes. The fourth is difficult because it is very easy to look like America just threw up all of its patriotism on you. If you're like me and like to avoid things described as "it looks like (blank) threw up on you" my only exception to this rule is glitter. So let's get some classy Fourth of July paint collages!This dress is so sweet. The ring adds some red and white. The leopard heels make things fun and modern.If you find yourself attending a party without pesky things like grass,children and things you can easily spill on yourself, wear beautiful shoes. These Alexander McQueen's are so beautiful. So pretty they could be an outfit just by themselves but you should probably wear a dress with them so you don't get arrested. The Anthropologie dress is a good pick. For those of you who plan to do sports stuff like Frisbee and soccer you should wear shorts. These scallop shorts are adorable.The tank top has a really cool back and it will keep you comfy while running. Sneakers are essential so the sneaker that look like saddle shoes are a good choice. Unicorn earrings keep things girly, and as everyone knows unicorns are the animals of independence!If those ideas don't help you, find an engineer and/or firework expert and wear a spark bra! It works for Gaga;it can work for you!

29 comments :

audrey said...

i've been eyeballing those shorts from urban and i think you've convinced me to take the leap. cute pics!

Zarna said...

those shoes!! oh my goodness, amazing!

DediLovesFashion said...

lovely ideas. =)
xo

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

i would wear the mcqueen shoes and the amazing ring, love the candy ring because it looks so fun. i am sure you will look amazing

Courtney Erin said...

Love that second outfit idea - the dress is so classis and pretty and the McQueen shoes are ethereally beautiful.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Fashion Cappuccino said...

I can't wait for the July 4th weekend! Those red scallop shorts are so cute! xoxoxoo

Dale said...

Great post and such a cute idea, i really like that light blue dress and the red shorts are SO hot.

Perfect for the 4th of July

xoDale
www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

Winnie said...

A little (er make that a lot) in love with that Anthropologie dress!

Claire said...

i love those red scalloped shorts! i think it's fun to wear stripes. maybe the nautical look?

spinning-threads.blogspot.com

Isabel Spectre said...

lolz, I say you should go for the gaga look. ^-^ I am excited for a patriotic outfit on the fourth too!!

Isabel Spectre said...

OH! and those unicorn earrings, HOW GOOD?!! love.

Imogen said...

Beautiful items, I love the first dress the most.

audrey marie said...

such great ideas - love the dresses!!

Josie said...

I'm dying over those scallop shorts! What a great color.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

the nyanzi report said...

beautiful picks.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I am lovign the Scallop Shorts - so pretty! :)

Girl about town.... said...

The white wedges are incredible! I need them in my life! NOW!

Girl about Town XxX

Andrea said...

the first blue dress is cute!

happy weekend!!

LyddieGal said...

The scalloped shorts are great, seems like a good idea to me!

Chic on the Cheap

Roxy's Rocks said...

I'm in love with the red shorts <3

Rachel said...

I love these looks you put together, especially that Anthropologie dress!

Hilary Mae said...

I just bought those scallop shorts! But in black and I am wearing them for the fourth! Happy fourth weekend!

Hilary
theyoungandthenaive.blogspot.com

Meagan said...

Cute! I love dressing up for July 4th and I don't even mind looking over the top in red, white, and blue once a year.
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

TheMadTwins said...

love the first blue dress very much ^-^

xxx

rebecca said...

that red and white ring seems to be perfect for the occasion!

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

This is the reason why I would like to be American. Only for the fourth of july. I love the Blue, red, and white colour combo! In Canada, we only have red and white. Laaaame!

QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

yiqin; said...

nice shorts :)

em.me.ma said...

love the exposed back! would be great to show off my tat ;)

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

That first look is really cute (except I don't do leopard). But I love the dress and the ring, like candy!