Friday, June 3, 2011

Peplums

I love peplums. Peplums are fabric attached at the waist that flare out. They define a waist. They were popular in the forties, fifties and eighties. You could say they were popular with the New Look and New Wave.
I say that we should bring the peplum back. Here are some vintage examples:This dress is from the eighties but in a fifties shape. I love the abstract print on it.$47This dress is from the sixties. It has a boned bodice. And a special treat of a big bow!$20
Modern peplum dresses are a bit more dramatic!I love how big this peplum. The color is amazing too. You would stop traffic in this dress. It has a really cool open back too.$212.35 I love Alice and Olivia. I love this dress. The colors are great. The pencil skirt of the dress really allows the peplum to stand out. I also like how the peplum is sort of a wrap.$400
Will you be wearing peplums this summer?

23 comments :

Courtney Erin said...

The Alice+Olivia one is lovely!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh I love them!!! :D So pretty
http://www.closet-fashioinista.com

The.Red.See said...

Very chic!

Couture Carrie said...

Me too!
Gorgeous post, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Rachel said...

Ooh, great finds! These dresses are gorgeous!

Ashley/ MILK TEETHS said...

peplums are pretty swell but I don't think I could ever pull a peplum dress off which stinks. Ah well :)

Celine said...

I'm with you... I bought my sister a beautiful peplum dress last year, it's so flattering on her :)
www.thewardrobediaries.com

Gertrude said...

The green one look so lovely! Though honestly I am afraid to wear that style, don't know how my hips would look! xo

potpie du monde said...

So chic! You have amazing style!

then she'll carelessly cut you said...

I love Alice and Olivia too!

Rosie x

Winnie said...

I so agree, peplums are such a fun style. One of my favourite skirts is peplum!

Andrea said...

wow great blog dear! i am definitely following!

visit my blog again and follow if you want :)

happy saturday!

Gorgeous Clara said...

I've got a few dresses like this, but it's been a long time since I've worn them...

love the red one.

Dilan Dilir said...

great post :D

MyStyle said...

Hi there-I have my mums original 50s peplum dress, just need to check it still fits this summer-I adore this look! xxx

Gabrielle said...

Love peplums so much! I never knew what it was called so thank you!

xx
ilikeitfast.blogspot.com

The Seeker said...

Oh thanks for this post, you inspired me to look for my peplums....

Have a nice weekend
xoxo

Kitsune-kun said...

Thank you! fun looks!

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

It looks always very chique and classy! I must say that I don’t have a piece with a peplum! Maybe I should pay more attention to it because it can give our outfit a very unique look. And it looks so vintage. So fabulous inspiration girl

Cafe Fashionista said...

I don't think I'll be wearing peplums myself this summer; but I do quite adore them on others! :)

Raquel said...

Oh I adore the 60's red one, so pretty| Once I was very close to order a similar one from an online shop but ended up not doing so :|

Caitlin Rose said...

ooo, I also love the peplum but I never new what it was called! Thanks for this round up : )

Rosanna said...

love this look!

www.littlemissdressup.com