Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Top Ten Lady Gaga Looks

Lady Gaga is my favorite musician and style icon. I admire the way she takes risks and has fun. In honor of the Monday release of Born This Way, I'm listing my top ten looks. Its two tops fives in two categories: Leotards/Underwear and Clothes.
Top 5 Leotard and Underwear Looks

Number 1- The Spark Bra: The Spark Bra is my favorite. It's great because pyrotechnics are so exciting. The Spark Bra makes a real statement.Number 2- Sparkly Leotard: The neckline on this is really interesting. Its also sparkly so really it's a win in my book.Number 3- Studded Bra: As soon as I saw this on stage, I decided I needed it. After I watched the MonsterBall special on HBO, I immediately went online to find studs and leather. I'm not sure if I like this because its awesome (because it is) or because she performs great songs in it.,strong>Number 4- The Deco Leotard: I'm not sure if its called that but it looks like an Art Deco building to me. Art Deco is one of my favorite building styles. I also love the one shoulder and what looks like padding in the loops. Number 5- VMA Leotard: Gaga wore this to preform "Paparazzi" at the 2009 VMA's. The best part in my opinion; I don't even remember the rest of the show. This leotard sparkles and bleeds.
Top 5 Clothed Looks

Number 1- Armani Dress: Its magical,whimsical,sparkly and paired with shoes that normal human beings can't walk in. In short, this dress is everything I want and need in my favorite pop star.Number 2- The Living Dress: It moves! The dress is so pretty and when she sings "So Happy I could Die" while wearing, it creates, as Jenifer Lopez would say, a moment. The hat is pretty cool too.Number 3- Bubble Dress: Inspired by Hussein Chalayan, this dress helped me fall in love with Gaga. The dress is so whimsical and fun. How can anyone not be inspired by someone covered in bubbles? Number 4- McQueen outfit from Bad Romance: I love anything Alexander McQueen (last night I yelled at a Beyonce video for misuse of McQueen). When I first saw this look from the Plato's Atlantis Collection, I fell in love. My favorite part of the Bad Romance video is the part where she walks in this outfit, because it is so beautiful. Number 5- Harper's Bazaar dress: This isn't technically a Gaga look because it's from photo shoot but it still makes an impact. She looks like she's rising from ashes.
I love Lady Gaga and her positive message. I'm so excited for her new CD. What is your favorite Gaga look?

24 comments :

Couture Carrie said...

Fabulous selections!
Especially loving the last one!

xoxox,
CC

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, that Harper's Bazaar dress is gorg! Gaga always looks incredible - love her! :)

Viv said...

she's got some awesome looks, super inspirational!



myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

The Tame Lion said...

Absolutely fantastic!
These are the styles that I'm looking for.

LikeSpinningPlates said...

The thing I like about her, is that she doesn't just dress like this for photo-shoots or videos. She actually looks like this all the time. It makes her awesome because she doesn't just put on a show... she is a show haha. I love the living dress. It's so fabulous.

LikeSpinningPlates said...

The thing I like about her, is that she doesn't just dress like this for photo-shoots or videos. She actually looks like this all the time. It makes her awesome because she doesn't just put on a show... she is a show haha. I love the living dress. It's so fabulous.

Ana said...

I have to say that I was a little surprised to notice that I really liked all the leotards that you showed. Also, the black dress from the photoshoot is incredible.
On another note, I just passed the One Lovely Blog award on to you. I love reading your posts and seeing all the things that you create, I always leave inspired. I have more details about it in my latest post, if you want to check itout. :)

Sick by Trend said...

You ricks with this post!!!!!!! McQueen forever! :D GAGA†† too

xx

www.sickbytrend.com

Gabrielle said...

this was a great read! <3
xx
ilikeitfast.blogspot.com

Laurel said...

YES! The McQueen outfit part of that video is THE BEST! Whenever I hear that song I pretend that that's what I am wearing and I walk around like I have those boots on.

LyddieGal said...

the living dress is definitely my fave!

Chic on the Cheap

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

well she is an icon. what she does differently? she does something new!

The Blushing Fox said...

Great lady gaga post dear, i like it so much!!! It looks so so dainty <3

xoxo,

www.theblushingfox.com

Marella said...

She's sooo crazy but amazing!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Bad Romance is my all time favorite music videos ever! All the more for McQueen! xoxoxoo

Courtney Erin said...

I adored that Armani dress - so crazy and beautiful!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

jamie-lee said...

I love the sparkly marilyn monroe like look and the harpers bazaar dress. God she is so fierce!

Josie said...

She's so intense -- I love that Harper's dress!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Pop Champagne said...

haha love these looks, shes like the madonna now, def have some interesting looks that never gets boring

Winnie said...

I love that with Gaga, it's all about expecting the unexpected!

GretchTM said...

Very nice! Thanks for sharing these.

yiqin; said...

i loved the bubble one :P

danniekate said...

that HB shoot was amazing, the mcqueen butterfly mask was lovely! xxc

Miss Woody said...

love it !