Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sweet Summer Dress Simplicity 2250

I'm having a pretty good day today. And I got to wear the dress I wore in my school's sewing class. It is a Cynthia Rowley pattern which I love;the pattern is 2250. It took a long time to complete but I love it.Dress-Me,Tights-We Love Colors,Belt-Betsey JohnsonThe bodice has so many darts and pleats that took a long time to complete. The bodice is also both lined and underlined. I think the print really lends itself to this pattern. If I make it again I'll do it in stripes.This is the back. It has an invisible zipper. My teacher told me I couldn't do an invisible zipper with a regular zipper foot. But, I found this tutorial on Sew Serendipity and it was easy it took a few reads though. Though next time I may line up the zipper with the seam allowance instead of the end of the fabric.This is the inside. I did Hong Kong seams you can see the lining,zipper and pocket. I feel like the fit is a bit big at the waist I may add darts to the back next time.

19 comments :

Courtney Erin said...

I love the fabric you chose for this!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous dress, darling!
Amazing work!

xoxox,
CC

Josie said...

I'm so jealous of your sewing skills -- what a sweet little dress!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

jamie-lee said...

Wow, you're so talented! Looks so cute x

I V Y said...

cute dress!

blog
twitter
ENTER MY GIVEAWAY!

Ana said...

This dress is so beautiful. It is a lovely pattern and the printed fabric is perfect for it. I have an affinity for stripes though, and I think a striped version would be just as amazing. I love seeing all your sewing projects!

Laura said...

You definitly have good skills! The dress turned out so well and the fabric is so pretty!

Raquel said...

This is such a nice dress! I love the shape, pattern and the fact that it ties in the back and not in the front like most ones do. Another amazing job!

E said...

I love the print on that fabulous dress!

Marella said...

You look amazing! Loooove the whole outfit! <3

rebecca said...

oh wow, i can imagine that taking forever to make! but it looks lovely (:

http://itscohen.blogspot.com

MyStyle said...

Hi my dear-wow, that is an amazing dress, you are so very talented xx

Annebeth said...

aaaaaaaah you're so creative! I wish I could make this! beautiful little dress :)

Nikki said...

I know nothing about sewing, but this dress looks gorgeous! How great you could make it yourself! loving the fabric you chose :) x

Glamorous Barbie ♥ said...

lovely blog you got here
love your dress ♥

Luci said...

Nice dress :)

http://lucyles.blogspot.com/

Imogen said...

This is a beautiful dress it is definitely one of the best I have ever seen. You are incredibly talented. I hope that one day I will be able to make dresses. I am getting there with the skirts I have been making lately.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, I LOVE the pattern of the fabric - so gorgeous! :)

yiqin; said...

that print is fab.