Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Imperial Dress

I finished my Star Wars dress. I made it in one night. The inside does not look as beautiful as I would like it to but, I think I'm only wearing it once and for a one night effort its not bad. As I showed it to my family, I played the imperial march. It is the same pattern as my birthday dress. I made it to wear to my one acts because my play was sort of about space. When someone puts it on YouTube, I'll post it here. Right before the play an actress and I decided that she should wear my dress so we switched clothes.I mostly ignored the grainline suggestions and the recommended layout in favour of using the print the best. It's from an old bed sheet. Darth Vader is on the front with Yoda on the shoulder. Chewbacca and Princess Leia are on the back.I feel like it is a really fun themed dress. Hopefully, there are more Star Wars related occasions in my life. My play was also a success.

22 comments :

MyStyle said...

Hi there! So pleased your play went well, your dress is awesome, very unique and very stylish xxx

Gertrude said...

Love the original idea of the pattern :) Looks really great :) xo

Amandamarie said...

wow you made this dress!? you're so talented i wish i could sew


xxxx

The Seeker said...

What a beautiful dress, dear!!!

xoxo

Artfully Awear said...

What a fun dress! I love the idea of repurposing an old bedsheet--I always see fun cartoon print ones at the thrift store. It looks great!

Courtney Erin said...

So much fun!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

viviane / hippiebohoreloaded. said...

really crazy and fun, love it!

Couture Carrie said...

So fun, darling!
Love it!

xoxox,
CC

LikeSpinningPlates said...

wow I'm dying. This is sooo beyond awesome! I love Star Wars and you did such a great job on turning it into a fashionable dress!

Laura said...

What a fun dress!!!! Recycling fabrics is so much fun! Congrats on the success of your play =)

GretchTM said...

Your dress is awesome!! You look beautiful!

Hannah said...

that dress looks so cool and even better that you made it yourself. i wish I could make clothes


Bow Dream Nation xx

CMA said...

thanks for your sweet comment!
love your blog!

-COSMICaroline
www.COSMICaroline.com

Josie said...

You are SO talented -- can't believe you made this yourself!
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

Imogen said...

Love the dress and this colour combination is great.

soph (owl vs. dove) said...

this dress is awesome! you are very creative indeed.

Melanie said...

SO pretty. Love the pring.

Melanie@Unravelled Threads
Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

Raquel said...

Gosh this is an amazing dress!! you're so so talented girl!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ah, what a fabulous design, Jess - it has such a quirky appeal to it that I simply adore! :)

CINCHED AT THE WAIST said...

what an amazing frock! also love the yellow cardi

great ensemble,
Annina
www.cinchedatthewaist.com

LyddieGal said...

Haha, too cute! I was wondering where you found the fabric; cutting up an old sheet was so clever!

Chic on the Cheap

Molly O said...

That dress is amazing! Can I have one with Chewbacca on it? jk. Just writing to let you know I'm passing the "One Lovely Blog Award" onto you! Check it out here.