Monday, April 18, 2011

Chic on the Cheap

Do you see my nice new header? Well, Lydia from Chic on the Cheap made it.Chic on the Cheap is an outfit blog. She has such great color combos and awesome accessories. I have an interview with her.
Name: Lydia

Dayjob: Office work... nothing of consequence.
Why did you start a blog?:I just wanted a small creative outlet. At the time I wasn't even reading any other fashion blogs.

What's your favorite part of blogging?: Getting to know other bloggers, and becoming friends through the posts and emails and tweets; I love my blogger friends!

What are some of your tips for staying chic on a budget?: Patience. Most of the time, getting a great deal is all about the waiting game. Weather you are checking back at your favorite store waiting for the top you want to go on sale, or spending hours sifting through all the junk in a thrift store to find a gem; usually it's a trade off. You save money, but you spend time. There is a reason they call it deal hunting.

What are your favorite color combos?: Turquoise and anything. Eggplant and olive, mustard and navy.

What is your absolute favorite outfit?: Tough to say; I had a hard enough time choosing four favorites each month (for an end of year wrap up). But I do love this one:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lydiaabate/4987945865/in/set-72157614523619994
It has a nice color mix, was super comfortable, and the photo came out well, which I feel is a big factor in how much I ultimately like an outfit.

What should your readers know about you? Although I've been working at my blog for over two years and it's actually gone from tiny little thing that no one knew existed to SECOND result on google (woohoo!) I still feel like the tiny blog, and I love to help out new bloggers. So if you need anything, please ask!

Thank you for the interview!

9 comments :

Courtney Erin said...

I am such a fan of her blog - and the header is awesome!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh it looks great!!
And I love her blog :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

MyStyle said...

Hi there-great interview and the header is really fabulous! xx

GretchTM said...

Very cool! That was really sweet of her! I'm checking her blog out!

LyddieGal said...

Thanks for the feature, you are so sweet!

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

Great interview! The new header is lovely, too. xo.

yiqin; said...

great interview! I will check her out,

Couture Carrie said...

Fab interview!
Love your new header!

xoxox,
CC

Winnie said...

The header is lovely! Her favourite colours sound so lovely when put like that, 'eggplant and olive' so yummy sounding!