Monday, April 11, 2011

Bare

Today's outfit wasn't exciting in terms of silhouette or color/print mixing. But it does have something which I haven't done in a while: bare legs. It felt so nice to not wear tights; as much as I love them, there is something nice about bare legs on a warm spring day. I wore heels to school but, the department I aid for was going outside and I changed into the flats I keep in my bag when I wear heels. I remembered to accessorize. Look, I'm wearing a necklace. Dress-Target,Necklace-Macy's,Shoes-gift,sweater-New York and Company
In retrospect, black was not the smartest choice because my walk home got quite toasty.

In case you didn't notice, I changed the blog layout. It has three columns which I think looks sleek. And I have flowers instead of polka dots. The polka dots were very me when I started this blog but the flowers feel more me now.
I just need one of those header things. I don't know how to make one. So if anyone wants to volunteer to make one(I'll write a post about you) please comment or email tresfly@gmail.com
I finished my play and the head of the drama club really likes it. I'm excited to put it on.

24 comments :

Courtney Erin said...

That's such a pretty dress - and yay for the return of bare legs!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Closet Fashionista said...

I can't wait to not wear tights!! You look great :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Ali said...

I also wore black today and got quite toasty. You look adorable, though! Like a little bumblebee.

I do miss reading up on your blog! :'( <3

lou said...

You say this outfit isn't exciting in coulour terms, but I find the all black look with the big touch of yellow is very very interessant! (and I love your hair!)

TrophyBoutique said...

Making headers is easy if someone does it for you. Take it from me...Actually, it's probably not that hard? Shoot, I am no help at all...

I love this happy outfit, though! It's fun to have bare legs again!

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post, darling!
Love your look and your new layout!

xoxox,
CC

Ana from Sweet Serendipity Design said...

Love the bright yellow!! So cute!!

Laura said...

Simple and cute and definitly interesting! The eyelet dress takes simplicity up a notch and pairing it with yellow makes it all pop! I'm so glad it's warming up where you are. Spring is springing =)

GretchTM said...

Your dress is so pretty! I really like the yellow cardigan with it. :) Nice layout!

Carolyn said...

That is a very adorable LBD, and you are so good with your accessorising. I nearly always just wear the same things every day...
The new layout looks great!

Rosie said...

Oh, that bare leg feeling!
Lovely ensemble,

Rosie x

SabinePsynopsis said...

Love the new layout and the black dress. I promised myself not to wear socks or tights anymore until autumn - now I'm ill :(

Cafe Fashionista said...

Oh, I so love that dress - very ladylike and demure! :)

MosaMuse said...

cute dress! SPRING IS HERE!!
xo
MosaMuse

mosamuse.blogspot.com

Fashionistaa said...

Very beautiful! :)

yiqin; said...

I love that yellow cardi of yours :)

lilacpurplesky said...

Love that cardigan!

Lea said...

Such a lovely pop of color :) I love yellow but am always scared to wear it because of my skin tone. So I just admire it when it is on other people. The detailing on that dress are so nice.

Marella said...

amazing outfit!
I really like your blog! Following! Follow back? <3

GIRL AND CLOSET said...

The dress is SO cute!! And I'm loving it paired with the yellow cardy. Your weather is sounding fab, still waiting for ours to start warming up. xx veronika

LyddieGal said...

Not exciting? You are wearing a cute dress and bright yellow cardi - you are so too exciting!

Chic on the Cheap

uhooi said...

"I enjoy your blog so much!
You have beautiful pictures!"


visit our blog at http://uhooi.blogspot.com/

MONKEYFACE said...

Jess, you look beautiful! I wish I had seen that dress at Target - I would've snatched it even though I have no place to where it to ;)

maphi said...

i love the dress so cute xoxo