Saturday, March 12, 2011

McQueen Fall 2011

I loved this collection. I do, pretty much, love all McQueen collections. I feel that Sarah Burton is doing a very good job at filling such big shoes. The silhouettes we have come to know and love were still there. However, they were updated; they seemed softer. There was an absence of prints. This collection was called "The Ice Queen and her court." The show starts off with fur, zippers and a blinding white to introduce the iciness. I love the way that the zippers create little pleats. The collection is rigid but still light
Then the mood shifts to our beloved McQueen darkness. With bondage inspired pieces,we can see the queen's army.The looks are all very waist-defining which, looks good on so many people
The end of the show is like a party at Versailles. There is so much chiffon. I love the way it is pleated in the white dress. It looks like a party decoration.
This look is my favorite. The bodice is smashed china. I imagine it is very heavy. If you have a chance click the move it button on style.com because in motion it made my draw drop.It glistens so tastefully, not like sequins and beads but like something organic.

The whole collection had an air of regalness to it and the fur only added to this. In addition to hard looks and soft looks,there are looks that combine both. The mixture of hard and soft makes sense because Queens are both powerful and kind. Most of us mere mortals don't wear McQueen but I can't wait to see these gowns on the red carpet and in magazines.The tailoring,as always,was impeccable.
pics from style.com

25 comments :

Annebeth said...

mcqueen was an amazing designer and it will stay an amazing designhouse, this looks beautiful.

Rosie said...

It really is all gorgeous! Beautiful shapes as ever,

Rosie x

Courtney Erin said...

I think she's doing a really good job as well - this collection is beautiful!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

MyStyle said...

A totally gorgeous and stunning collection, thanks for sharing xx

Couture Carrie said...

Absolutely loooooooved this collection!
Gorgeous post, darling!

xoxox,
CC

GretchTM said...

This collection is amazing! I love it!

TrophyBoutique said...

Gorgeous! I love the craziness.

Sofi Stellar said...

I agree. The gowns are just SO stunning.

Fashion Cappuccino said...

It's definitely one of my favorite collections! I love the theme "The Ice Queen and her court". Are you excited that she's going to be designer for Kate Middleton's wedding dress? xxoxoxoo

Closet Fashionista said...

Love this collection! Sarah is doing a great job of keeping with Alexander's style :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

ABIGAIL NY said...

Very McQueen and avant garde!

http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

A Certain Vintage said...

'a party at Versailles'..how perfect, the last 2 dresses are just so stunning!

i'm having a giveaway over at my blog if you'd like to check it out :)

xox

Princess Liberty said...

This collection is so beautiful ! Sarah Burton is really an amazing designer...

ChiccaStyle said...

The first dress is my favourite!!!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

sammi-lise ^_^ said...

You just said everything that I was going to say in my review! Lol...but yes, McQueen was my favorite designer and Sarah Burton is doing such a great job with it now!

Cafe Fashionista said...

The last two looks are my favorite - I'm kind of obsessed!! :)

Anna Katrina said...

mcqueen is almost breathtaking :)



stop by sometime<3
http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

Z--- said...

that is great!!xx

www.zscloset.blogspot.com

Miss Pepper Vintage said...

all dresses looking absolutely beautiful! Great Post

x maureen
http://misspeppervintage.blogspot.com

Kristy said...

Awesome collection agreed. The look is so nice! x

myheartstumbles.blogspot.com

Chelsea Lane said...

truly regal, I love the structured silhouettes. she is doing soo well!

xoxo

Josie said...

I love that last dress... Stunning.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Artfully Awear said...

I loved this collection, too, and was very relieved to see his aesthetic lingering. The third look is to die for!

Fashion is me said...

Great blog. Very interesting and stylish.


Just come and see mine.

Adam,

http://fashionispartofme.blogspot.com

Stella Sutrisno said...

perfect mcqueen! love them so much :)