Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Flowers and DVF

Yesterday, I wore my flower dress. It has chiffon flowers attached to it. I think it is a very interesting take on floral print. I paired it with my floral blazer because what's better than double florals? I'm generally wary of wearing white because I'm not too coordinated but, I managed not to spill anything on myself.
Dress and shoes-H&M,tights-Target,Blazer-Thrift
Today I wore the Diane Von Furstenberg dress I found at the thrift store for $15. It isn't as joyous as my other ones but, it is just as lovely. I originally passed by it in the store because it was dark and I tend not to wear dark colors. Then I saw that it was crocheted and I had to have it. The lining stops around my knees so you can see tights through the holes in the crochet. I wish the sun was more out so that you could see the details better but I will definitely wear it again. If you make the picture bigger it is more clear.
Dress and Blazer- Thrift,Tights-Gift,Shoes-Payless
You may have noticed that I've been switching up my shoes lately. My black flats are pretty much dead and I have so many shoes I don't wear. This limbo period between finding the next perfect pair of mary janes is a good motivator to wear all the shoes I've collected.

31 comments :

Ashley said...

that jacket is AMAZING! im ready for sprinnggg girl!

Courtney Erin said...

That dress looks so nice paired with the red tights - it really brightens it up!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

KIRAFASHION said...

you are the cuttest girl in the planet!

Ali said...

So adorable! That jacket is so great and it could go with so much! and your shoes, of course, so nice!

I have missed your posts, hopefully I shall revive soon. :) :) <3

Laura said...

I love your blazer the floral and colors are amazing(like sunshine!!!) Your DVF dress is so pretty! Good crochet dresses, are so hard to find. I'm always so amazed at what people donate to the thrift store.

Kirstin@CrimsonRosella said...

That blazer is amazing, I love it with the red tights! You look like spring personified! Yay!

audrey marie said...

$15 dvf? congrats - the texture is wonderful!!

Le garçon avec les lunettes, said...

adorable shoes and outfit...

ChiccaStyle said...

I bought the same pink dress from h&m :) I will post it soon!!!
http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

Josie said...

I love that white H&M dress! So cute.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

MyStyle said...

Hi there-both dresses look so lovely, especially with your blazer! xx

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Beautiful dress! I can't believe you got the DVF dress for such a steal! Awesome :-) xoxoxoo

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous look!
Love that flowered dress!

xoxox,
CC

Hannie said...

LOVE your dress :)
xoxo from Hannie

CINCHED AT THE WAIST said...

i love your tights!

great post,
Annina
www.cinchedatthewaist.com

follow each other?

Annebeth said...

both outfits are so lovely, great styling with the vibrant tights and the textured dresses! the blazer is to die for :D

Email me at ariel.m.adkins@gmail.com said...

Cute! I love the dress with the blazer. Very springlike!

em.me.ma said...

adore that white ruffle dress

Lottie said...

nice outfit!

Cylia said...

floral is the print to go for this spring!

Fiamma said...

I love both outfits! Especially the first! The dress is so chick and soft!

XoXo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

OMMMMG i love your white floral cutout dress!!! so amazing.. it's so pretty :)

Gabrielle said...

Love love love! I'm following you now, I hope you follow me too!
xx
ilikeitfast.blogspot.com

GretchTM said...

Adorable outfit. I love it!

Kayla said...

Love the dress. It's gorgeous with the red tights.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
Fanciful Brainstorm - Tumblr

Rosie said...

Nothing wrong with a bit of double floral! And the crochet dress is gorgeous too. I bet it looks good in the sunshine :)

Rosie x

Steffy's Pro's and Con's said...

those grey polka dotted tights are to die for! thanks for commenting on my blog :)

<3 steffy
steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Cafe Fashionista said...

I love love the way you've styled that DVF dress. You look positively stunning! :)

Victoria said...

So springy !! :) Love it !
And good idea with the shoes ! :P

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

The crocheted dress is gorgeous! Also, I lovvvve that H&M dress. I saw it in the shop but unfortunately didn't have time to try it on. It looks lovely on you!

TOPCOAT said...

DVF for $15? Best find on earth. Love that first look, looking absolutely beautiful and ready for spring! xx