Monday, February 21, 2011

Spring Analysis

While looking forward at fall fashion week is important. I think we should remember the spring shows because they are going to affect us very soon. I threw in a few resort pictures because they are spring-ish. I found a few trends that I think will be exciting this spring. Brights- Bright colors are always great for spring and this year isn't different. I think they look great paired with neutrals or by themselves in a dress. If you aren't sure about how a certain color will look try it in a skirt;it is also a nice way to play with volume.
Alice + Olivia, Karen Walker,Marc by Marc Jacobs

Lace/Cutouts-This is a great thing. It can be done in many ways, you can use lace/cut outs to show skin. But, you can also use it to show case a cool shirt or fabric underneath it. I think the red dress is so stunning and could look great on a lot of occasions.
Erdem,Cynthia Rowley,Marc Jacobs Monochromatic- One color outfits look put together. It's easy to add a personal spin to. You can do all pastels,all brights or a mixture. You could even through in a print like in the last example.
Marc Jacobs,Chris Benz,Chris Benz
Retro-I am always a fan of retro trends. But this retro trend has a bit of a twist. In color like the yellow dress,or in a cool space print like the Erdem dress, or an nontraditional fabric like the Marc Jacobs separates.I think the key to keep from looking like you stepped out of a time machine is a modern touch, either in the piece itself or an accessory.
Alice + Olivia , Erdem, Alice + Olivia,Marc Jacobs
Interesting prints- Spring has always been about florals which will get no complaints from me but, it is great to see new print ideas.The Mary Katrantzou dress is a picture of a room! How cool is that? And it works perfectly with the silhouette.I'm not sure what the Erdem print is but it is so pretty. I like the coral print on the Cynthia Rowely bathing suit. Undersea prints will make a big splash
Mary Katrantzou, Erdem,Cynthia Rowley
pictures from style.com
What trends are you looking forward to for spring?

29 comments :

Ariel Maile Adkins said...

I adore all of the brights and love the full-skirted silhouettes!

Closet Fashionista said...

Love these! I can't wait for all the color in spring....but I need to get some for my own closet first XD
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Courtney Erin said...

I'm looking forward to the bright colors!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

love flash colors for this summer! xx

audrey marie said...

its easy to get wrapped up in the fall fashions before spring has already come!! i do love that karen walker yellow skirt. gorg.

scarves said...

Thank you for your hard work to collect and organize, to share with you a lot about the fashion thing, and this is very useful to me.
Scarves Scarves

Fashion Cappuccino said...

All these trends are so lovely! I'll definitely will be wearing bright skirts and lace shirts! xoxoxoo

fairandbeautiful. said...

i love the colour, great!!

Fabiénne said...

love the post thanks for your comment!


thatgirlkip.blogspot.com

Couture Carrie said...

Fantastic analyses, darling!
Especially loving the retro looks!

xoxox,
CC

Cylia said...

yes you are totally right:) spring is coming soon! so spring collection is very important:)

Cafe Fashionista said...

I am most excited for bright colors and lace/cutouts. Those are two trends that I will forever adore!! :)

MyStyle said...

Hi my dear-fabulous picks here, brights and retro definitely get my vote! xx

yiqin; said...

Loving all the colors :)

Laura said...

I love the yellow skirt at the top! I really Am looking forward to spring and wearindg all sorts of funky things. And there is nothing better than a whole bunch of color!!!

Veronica said...

Amazing!
Love the post!
follow me? I'll be very happy if you do it!Thank you so much!
www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

Vintage Vixen said...

I'm always pleased to see acid brights making a catwalk appearance. I don't really change my look from year to year. xxx

LyddieGal said...

Bright colors are always fun to wear, and i just love the cut out styles, can't wait to rock some of those!

Chic on the Cheap

Josie said...

I love that lace is still in for spring -- and those colors are just phenomenal!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Reg Rodriguez said...

i'm really looking forward to brights and lace :) actually, i'm pretty much in to all the spring trends, i'm so loving the upcoming season!

xx
heyrocketgirl

SabinePsynopsis said...

Good that you are reminding us of the real season! Loving lace cut-outs, and brights.

Lottie said...

omygosh! what a thorough and brillaint analysis, shall definately follow your set trends! i just look forward to wearing something pretty for spring!
love your blog :)

rebecca said...

i love the red erdem dress, i love the lace trend (:

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Flashes of Style said...

What beautiful colors! I can't wait to wear colorful high-waisted shorts this spring.

Raquel said...

Completely agreeing with you, I really don't care much for fashion weeks because I'm much more interested in thinking about the upcoming spring!
Loving the colour trend right now.

Stevia said...

I love retro dresses as well!
and I love prints too!
can't get enough of them!

<3
http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/

Engreida said...

Mary Katrantzou is amazing!!!!!!!!!

http://engreidadesigns.blogspot.com/

viviane said...

really love crochet styles for spring :)

à la Modest said...

I love these spring looks! I do like adding modern touches to retro looks. I don't go all out blast from the past!

I tumbled this post :)