Sunday, February 13, 2011

Did they really get pinned?

Thanks to rehearsals, The Telephone Hour has been stuck in my head. So I've decided to show some of my favorite 1950s finds.

So the main premise of the song is Kim gets pinned. So I found some good brooches. I love the green one because it has such an interesting shape $14.50. The middle brooch is so classy and it is a steal at $10.The last one is really sparkly $12.
There is a lot of cute telephone jewelry. I love the pin. The phone and the speaker are separate pins $8.99. The ring is really nice, and I like the base of it too $10.
Sweater guards were really popular in the 1950s. I can't understand why they went out style. The owl one is a recent one. It would work so well with all of my other owl themed jewelry $28.
The orange flowers would look stunning on a blue cardigan $14.40.
A nice full skirted dress completes the look. I love the print and neckline on the first one. The color is really striking too $178.Shirt dresses are always great, I think it would look really nice with a large green belt $48. The sherbet one is so fun. I love the bias waistband $105.

15 comments :

Sophie Isobel said...

Eek, I love the telephones! :)
x

Closet Fashionista said...

Loving those accessories, so cute
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Victoria said...

That peach full skirted dress is beautiful, I love 50's dresses xxx

lisa said...

O-M-G LOVE LOVE THE TELEPHONE JEWELRY!!! so freakin' cute!!!

audrey marie said...

that peach dress is so beautiful!

Danielle said...

I swear we're twins.
Obsessed with musicals AND fashion over here.
I saw one of your posts from forever ago about Spring Awakening cause' I was looking for ideas for my Wendla dress. Then I saw your Telephone Hour post and almost gasped outloud. AWESOME. :D

Josie said...

How fun! I'm loving pretty pins on jackets right now.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Grace said...

Looove these broches! So cute. : ) xxx
www.this-grace.com

MyStyle said...

Hi there-very cute pieces indeed! xx

Vicki said...

Lovely blog, cute accessories. What do you think about following each other?

xx

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous selections, darling!
Loving that orange sherbet dress!

xoxox,
CC

Robbie said...

Love the telephones!
Those full skirted dresses are beautiful too, I adore the full circle skirts.
xxx

theothersideofthepondmydear

Rosy said...

cute telephones!

Melissa said...

fun post!

yiqin; said...

loving the orangee dress :)