Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking Back

My Christmas was great, I got Lady Gaga tickets and a Diane Von Furstenburg dress! It's 2011; and I have to go back to school tomorrow. People reflect at the start of a new year. So lets look at my favorite outfits from 2011.

The dress on the left I got as a present last year. It is one of my favorite dresses; but I rarely wear it because I'm not sure how to make it casual. The second outfit is surprising because I never wear pants. But I love my sparkly leotard. I wore this outfit during a huge snow storm. I like the outfit on the left because of the skirt. It took me about half a year to embroider but it was so worth it. The second outfit I like because I'm wearing my favorite jacket and it has a lot of colors.
The outfit on the left was my Korean food outfit. I really like the romper and I made the giant owl necklace. The second outfit is entirely made by me. I wore it to play mini golf.
I wore the outfit on the left to see my friends' play. The dress is one of the favorite things I've made and I love the combination of purple and grey. The one on the left I like because the skirt is so pretty.

2010 was a good year for me. But I think 2011 is going to be my year.

15 comments :

Courtney Erin said...

Nice retrospective - you've had a fashionable year indeed!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

MsShamz said...

this is totally adorable dear. lovely blog, follow each other?
happy new year!!

MyStyle said...

Hi my dear-you are so very talented with your dressmaking skills, you have collated and made some gorgeous pieces, Happy New Year xx

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous variety of looks, darling!

Happy New Year!

xoxox,
CC

Closet Fashionista said...

Great recap, what lovely looks! :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

St├ęphanie said...

Happy new year my dear friend !

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Cute collection of outfits!! I love the skirt too; it's so pretty! Happy New Year!! xoxoxoo

Josie said...

What fun looks for 2010 -- can't wait to see what 2011 brings!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

SMASH said...

That first dress is amazing! You NEED to wear it more! And Lady Gaga tickets?! Lucky girl :)

xx
MILK TEETHS

S and O said...

lovely outfits...I really love that red skirt, it's quite the eye catcher :)
xoxo
Olivia

Abi said...

A happy new year to you as well! Hope it's filled with positive energy. Lady gaga tickets sound like a pretty lovely gift. Enjoy!

molly said...

lady gaga tickets! how exciting, i cant wait to hear your review.
loved the look-back, especially since i missed so much of this year. i'm so glad you're kept up your unique look!

Robbie said...

Hey I love your flashback of outfits, you've got incredible talent at embroidery!
xxx

theothersideofthepondmydear

Imogen said...

Happy new year. I'm pleased that 2010 was good for you and i hope 2011 is even better. You got some really great Christmas presents. I love your review of outfits. I adore how much colour you successfully incorporate into your clothes.

yiqin; said...

well said! 2011 will be your yr!