Thursday, January 20, 2011

Future Projects

I usually don't show off my projects to be but, I feel if I do it may cause me to actually do them instead of sitting around thinking about them. I also get to show off my awesome paint skills. I don't have photos for everything because somethings I need to draft myself.
Summer Shorts- I feel like I'm lacking in the shorts department. I plan on getting more of the denim I made my jacket out of and using similar details:hongkong seams and quilting cotton facings. I've made a pair of shorts out of this pattern in a flamingo print (pictures will come as soon as I can go outside in shorts without freezing).
Pink Linen Jacket- This baby has been on my list for years. Everything is cutout and marked but I'm too afraid to ruin it. I think in the pink linen it will make and excellent spring jacket. That could be carried into the colder months with additional layers under it. It is hard to find online but it is here.
Joan Holloway dress- If you knew me in real life, you would hear me talk about how great this fictional character is on a weekly basis. I love this dress so much. I want a version for myself but there will be changes. First off I'm making it in either yellow or fuchsia. And I'm shortening the sleeves.
Blueberry shirt- My wardrobe desperately lacks tops. My green shirt looks really good with my blueberry dress so I'm going to make a blueberry one. Hopefully, it can work with the to be made denim shorts.

Also on the list: another ridiculous embroidery project-I'm thinking undersea dress,and a 1950s style Mondrian dress.
This is more spring summer options but I have thought of winter stuff. My list seems large but i think I can get a good bit of it done. Things that don't get made may not be meant to be.

12 comments :

Winnie said...

Aw you're so talented. You've reminded me that I need to catch up on Mad Men! I need to get into it, the costume is just so gorgeous.

Simple Subtle Style said...

I LOVE Mad Men and Joan's style too! The dresses are to die for!

IsauraQuevedo said...

love the jacket from the second photo. xoxo

Couture Carrie said...

OMG I am soooooo excited about the Joan Holloway dress!
Keep up the amazing work, darling!

xoxox,
CC

Courtney Erin said...

I can't wait to see the final products!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

E said...

That jacket is totally divine. I think that should be the top of your priorities :-)

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Wow, it's beautiful! You seriously have some mad skills! See what I did with the word there..:-) xoxoxoo

Dressing Up For Me said...

Love your dress! I hope to see one of your finished projects soon. :)

She's Dressing Up said...

Im so looking forward to your Joan Holloway dress, yay!

Imogen said...

I adore the blue dress that is so gorgeous. The jacket is very lovely too.

Raquel said...

I love all your needs :) I want more summer shorts too, preferably high waisted. And how great is Joan? ;)

Tashrin said...

The jacket you are planning to make look so pretty and unique. :)

Look forward to hearing from you

Love

Tashrin - A Toronto based personal style blog