Monday, January 31, 2011

Double Dots

My last semester ever of high school started. There are a few inches of snow on the ground so cute shoes are out and rain boots are in. I got a new dress I really wanted to wear but in my mind velvet doesn't go with plastic rain boots.I really like all of the colors in the outfit. The slightly muted yellow tunes down the brightness of the green. I really like this dress because I think that shade of yellow is my color. In fact, when I went to rehearsal today a kid yelled,"That's your color!" I had a hard time picking tights this morning and I thought dotted tights with dotted shoes would look cute.
coat-thrift,dress h&m, shoes and tights- Target.
I got to take home my art folder from school and here are my favorite pieces.
We had to a combination of a skull and a self portrait. My teacher called this creepy.
This is a detail shot. I drew hundreds of long crazy lines and little shapes.
That is the whole thing. It is my favorite piece.

22 comments :

Abi said...

The colour combo is lovely! I love seeing vibrancy in the winter months. Makes it go by so much better. Love your mustard dress

Courtney Erin said...

Love the radiant yellow dress!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Lilly of the Valley said...

thanks for the commnet. great coat, im so into brights at the moment.

Imogen said...

I love this colour combination too and the yellow dress is very lovely. Good luck with your last semester of high school.

April said...

Love all of the colors!

ape-z.blogspot.com

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, I so love the abundance of polka dots in this ensemble - too perfect! And your art folder is fantastic - you are tres talented!! :)

Fashion Cappuccino said...

That's such a beautiful and bright color combination! I love it! And your drawing is great!! xoxoxoo

Michele said...

I love your creepy drawing. I would hang that on my wall because I like creepy things

Gertrude said...

You look really cute in that dress! The last picture is awesome! x

Ali said...

How I miss you and your lovely blog! :D I adore your coat against the yellow. Your doodle masterpiece of squiggly wonderful lines is way cool, my friend!

Nadia Aboulhosn said...

i LOVE this yellow. these colors are super fun!

mode. said...

love your bright coat! lovely in the snow.
<3 mode.
http://modestylist.blogspot.com

Josie said...

I love these bright shades!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

em.me.ma said...

what cheerful colours in winter!! i love yellows

Dressing Up For Me said...

Love your color blocking combo! Your drawing isn´t weird, maybe a little avant garde. ;)

Vintage Vixen said...

You look gorgeous, I love the vibrant colors. Great artwork, too. x

Simple Subtle Style said...

Love that yellow dress and the detailed (last) sketch!

MyStyle said...

Hi my dear-gorgeous outfit, very inspirational and vibrant! xx

audrey marie said...

lovely color combo! the snow does make outfits more difficult doesn't it :)

Meggstatus said...

I am loving this bold color combination!

Ariel Maile Adkins said...

Ohh, I love the bright yellow and green! What a great way to brighten up the winter!

Sara and Emma said...

Love the colours!! Beautiful.