Sunday, December 19, 2010

Wardrobe Staples

When I think of magazine articles that talk about wardrobe staples the suggestions are usually the same: blazer, a good trouser, trench coat. My wardrobe staples are a bit different. When I think of wardrobe staples I think of things that are worn a lot for many occasions and can be dressed up and down. My wardrobe staples are:
1.) BLACK MARY JANES- Yes, they are possibly one of the most boring shoe choices but since they are flat I can walk long distances in them with out foot pain and the constant fear of falling over. Since they are black they go with everything.


2 BAD ASS JACKET- What is a bad ass jacket? It's a jacket that makes you feel cool and confident every time you put it on. My Marc Jacobs jacket is that for me. Purple Velvet has the tendency to be Prince-like but this one isn't and it has stripes. It goes with everything.

3 LEOPARD DRESS This one is probably the most different from magazine suggestions because they would say leopard print is a trendy item. I whole heatedly disagree! You can never have too much leopard. I love this H&M dress because it can be dressed up or down. I bought it for my school's homecoming dance. I wear a lot more than I thought I would when I got it; when I don't know what to wear I throw this on.


4 RED LIPSTICK I hardly wear makeup but when I do I wear red lipstick. It makes me feel pulled together. I use Urban Decay's lipstick in Revolution because the color lasts a long time and the the packaging is good. It also smells pretty good.

5 BLACK TIGHTS If you read this blog, you should know that I love tights. I have a few pair of fleece lined black tights and they are possibly the greatest thing ever. They are so warm and a total life saver when you insist on wearing miniskirts through out the winter. And you can wear them under a more colorful pair and stay extra warm.

What are your wardrobe staples?

25 comments :

Shelly said...

I totally agree with you. :))
Lovely outfit, and great blog!!
Please check mine out too!
www.eccentric-behavior.blogspot.com

Dylana Suarez said...

The leopard dress is wonderful!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

viviane said...

Hi there, love your staples!
My staples are mini dresses, cardis (printed and plain), skinny jeans and vintage boots :)

Ali said...

Hehehee, I love this. BADASS JACKET. WHAT IS A BADASS JACKET? DANG. HAY. Inform me of dat snazzyness, guurlll. :D :D

Your leopard dress is awesome. I want one. Or a leopard coat. LEOPARD. <3

Courtney Erin said...

I'm totally with you on all of these!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

P.S. I'm having a festivus giveaway - visit my blog to enter

Fashion Cappuccino said...

I love your list and you nailed it on the staples! My staples are button-down sheer shirts, denim shorts/skirts and black maxi dresses :-) xoxoxoo

MyStyle said...

Hi there-great choices, love your leopardprint dress too! xx

Couture Carrie said...

Agreed, darling!

Love that leopard dress so!

I would only add: black skinny jeans!

xoxox,
CC

Josie said...

Black tights, oversized bags, killer heels, colorful flats, and pretty dresses are my staples. You're so right about the tights!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh yes yes! Great items, my staples are jeans, wedges, a nice jacket and other stuffs, hah
Stackable Deco Rings

St├ęphanie said...

I've got the same leopard dress !!!

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'm with you on the jacket front. As long as I'm wearing an amazing jacket, and gorgeous boots, I'm on cloud nine!! :)

SMASH said...

agreed on red lipstick pulling an outfit together. Definitely my go to when I feel that I look blah :)

xx
MILK TEETHS

Claire said...

love that leopard dress!

caelidiaries
~ x♥x♥ :)
~ x♥x♥ :)
~ x♥x♥ :)

Fashion Fabrice said...

love that dress! you rocked both looks! Totally love your blog by the way!:) Im so happy I ran into it! it's a great read and i love your posts and style:) so i'm gonna follow you!
hope you visit me and follow me back!
that would be amazing!

love
fashionfabrice

have a fabulous day!

Dressing Up For Me said...

Black tights defintely. hehe! Cute dress by the way. :)

Betsey said...

love your list and i agree with pretty much everything!!

S and O said...

Cute skirt! and I totally agree about the mary janes! Those are a great choice if your going to be walking around a lot :)
xoxo
Olivia

S and O said...

Cute skirt! and I totally agree about the mary janes! Those are a great choice if your going to be walking around a lot :)
xoxo
Olivia

Simple Subtle Style said...

Leopard is definitely getting up there on my top 5 staples list! Cute blog!

www.simple-subtle-style.com

Kristin said...

I've worn leopard prints every season for years! LOVE your dress. Congrats on links a la mode btw!

gigiofca said...

Bad ass jacket? Loveth!!

Your dress is super cute. Thanks for the tip about doubling tights. Although I did it for ice skating, I never thought to do it irl.

TheFashionWizard said...

for the start of every course i make sure my staples are one of a kind heels , dark colored jigging , couple of high waisted skirt , a very unique purse .

Golden Girl Olive said...

Great staples!

Olive

www.VisforOlive.blogspot.com

The Sequin Cat said...

My staples would be: striped tshirt, red skirt, black glossy heels, denim jacket, black tights.

Variations on this theme here!