Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pretty Winter Coats

As you can probably tell by now dresses are my favorite item of clothing, but outerwear comes in a close second. If I had a coat and jacket for every different outfit I would be a happy happy girl.
My favorite coat is the orange coat from Breakfast At Tiffany's. Most people admire the little black dresses in this movie but, the orange coat inspired me to make my winter coat orange. I think it is the best thing ever. It is simple but has great details like the standing collar.


Or the little knot in the back. The length of the sleeves is interesting an good because it allows you to show off a pair of longer gloves.
Today, I'm going to show you some of my favorite coats in stores this season.
I love Kate Spade's clothes and if money was no option I would have everything on her site. The Mona Coat ( $745) looks so cozy and the collar is a giant bow. A leopard coat adds glamour to anything. The galleria Lynda ($595) looks great with a lot of looks. It looks great with jeans too.
I really like the color on this one. It looks like something Betty Draper would wear. $68

I love the scallop hem on this coat and I like that its mimicked on the sleeves. The full skirt is also good because you can wear puffy dresses under it with out smashing them. The decorative stitching makes it prettier than the average coat. $259.99

30 comments :

Courtney Erin said...

I love all of these! And Audrey's Breakfast at Tiffanys coat was amazingly beautiful.

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

The Owl's Closet said...

These are gorgeous coats!! Oh my gosh, the last one is stunning!!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Laura Pedro said...

I love this movie, the best of all is Audrey's coat :D

Amazing blog, have a nice day!
XX

Bealerr said...

you have such great taste, and this has made me crave breakfast at tiffany's. I always cry when she's shouting CAT CAAAT :') x

Ali said...

Ohh, I agree, coats are so amazing and I'd love a dozen of them. :) Can't wait to start my collection. ;)

That leopard coat and green stripe one are just amazing!

Maryrose said...

I love hunting for a winter coat, i've spotted one in h&m so I might get it for my birthday. I love the audrey coat, she is a style icon.

novemberconfessions.blogspot.com

Georgia said...

love the coats! beautiful x

viviane said...

the scalloped coat is soooo georgeous :) I would wear it everyday :) kind regards

Couture Carrie said...

All so gorgeous!
Especially loving the leopard coat!

xoxox,
CC

MyStyle said...

Hi there-such lovely coats, my fave is the last one! x

F. Pian! said...

I love alll... and your blog

Come visit me.. when you can

kisses

fabianapian.blogspot.com

Cafe Fashionista said...

I so love the coats that Kate Spade creates - they are incredibly charming!! :)

Robbie said...

I love Holly's coat in Breakfast at Tiffany's - incredible attention to detail. Great post, you've got me wanting to go out and buy a new coat!
xxx

http://www.theothersideofthepondmydear.blogspot.com

Lalli Carvalho said...

eu amei.
Aqui ainda é primavera, e mesmo quando é inverno vai um calor enorme.
Sinto um pouquinho de inveja, pois não posso usar roupas assim.. ;(
beijos.

Fashion Cappuccino said...

It's beautiful!! I love the leopard one the best! xoxoxoxoo

Winnie said...

Love Audreys coat as well. Your picks are lovely and I especially loved that very last coat! It's gorgeous!

SMASH said...

I've always loved that orange coat from breakfast at tiffany's too! but then again, the fact that Ms. Audrey's wearing it couldn't hurt :)

xx
MILK TEETHS

Sher said...

Oh yes, an orange coat like Audrey's would be totally wonderful to own!

xx

Stevia said...

pretty pretty coats!
i am on a look for a coat too!!
yours are truly inspiring

<3
http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/

MarchMusings said...

The peach coloured one is ingenious with the pretty scalloped edges. Could be worn on it own.

Dressing Up For Me said...

I want the leopard and the one on the last phot because it´s so feminine and pretty!

Audrey´s coat is so fabulous. :)

Times of Delight said...

I love the coat Audrey Hepburn is wearing in the first picture. I was actually thinking of buying a red coat similar to the one shes wearing. I like your post :)

rebecca said...

i wish i could have audrey's coat! it's such an amazing colour (:

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

Lovely post! Winter is here so many months of the year, so I'm always interested in winter coats. I have one similar to the first one, although it's a little more red than orange!

amy@flyingakite.blogspot.com said...

Everything is so cute!
Like something I'd dress a doll in


love your sweet posts



hope to hear from you!
sweetness
^_^

http://flyingakite.blogspot.com

Natalie said...

aww i love that coat and that film! need an orange coat

peace x

this-is-hooked.blogspot.com

Ana Larruy said...

thank you so much for your comment love!
take care, xxx
www.anasstyle.blogspot.com

E said...

Wow, I'm not normally a Kate Spade person, but those coats are pretty fantastic. I love the striped one in particular.

un petit lapin said...

Audrey Hepburn always wears the prettiest coats in her movies! I love the clothes in "Charade".

laboratory coats said...

The scallop coats are gorgeous, very elegant and lady-like.