Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Purple and Grey

Here is my outfit from Saturday. I had a long day; I took my SAT and then changed and headed up to the mountains with my friend and my stepdad. My friend was in a play in his college so I went up to see it and hang out with some friends that go to that school.
I wore my purple leopard dress. It is one of my favorite things I've made but I feel like I say that every time I make something.
Dress- Me, socks and sweater- Forever 21, bag- gift, shoes- thrift
My mom got me this bag a few Christmases ago. I use it all the time. I hardly show my bags because usually I use the same ones over and over. I haven't been sewing much lately because I haven't had time between freaking out about where to go to college, makeup work and musical rehearsals. I also lost some weight from being sick so I don't want to make something that only fits great when I'm not totally healthy.

I do have a jacket project already cut out in my size that I will start this weekend well after I do my calc packet.

26 comments :

Courtney Erin said...

Great dress - I really love it!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Caroline said...

That dress you made is looking lurrvly! xxxx

Ashley said...

Wow, you MADE this dress? That's amazing! I can only seem to make pillows on my sewing machine. Your bag is really cute, too.

I hope your SAT went well. :)

The Owl's Closet said...

Love the combo of purple and gray:)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

TheMadTwins said...

that dress is adorable! And you ma did yourself! amazing ^__^
Veyr cute ^__^ love it, if I could buy it somewhere I would :)

xxx

St├ęphanie said...

JUSTA ADORABLE !

Lauren said...

I love this dress! It's done so well! Man better get you sewing on because time slips away! Ha! I haven't sewn in too long and I have a ton of stuff ready... oh well. :)

You look amazing!

Lauren
Sparrow & Urchin

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous color combo, darling!
Love that dress!

xoxox,
CC

Isabel said...

i love the colour of the dress :)

Flashes of Style said...

Cute! <3

Indie.Tea said...

You look adorable! I like the combination of colors...I really love purple and grey and want to do my room in those colors...
Good luck with the SAT results :)

Josie said...

Love your gray cardigan! And no way did you make that dress -- amazing!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

MyStyle said...

Hi there-the dress is just adorable, lovely pictures my dear! x

Cafe Fashionista said...

I love your shoes and socks - this color scheme looks amazing on you! Congratulations on finishing your SAT's!! :)

Alice said...

you look very nice ;)

Marta said...

you look so cute!

Ali said...

That's such a pretty pretty dress, and I love the tights/shoes as well! :)

Ashley said...

I like these colors together, and A+ on making that dress!!

xx
MILK TEETHS

MarchMusings said...

You made this dress? Wow- I wouldn't have guessed. I'm still stuck on my first skirt!!

Dressing Up For Me said...

Gorgeous dress and purple is my fvaorite color too! Glad that you had a wonderful time in the mountains. :)

Fashion Cappuccino said...

So pretty!! I love your style! You did such an amazing job with your dress! xoxoxoxoo

Vintage Vixen said...

Such a lovely colour combination and you are totally adorable. xxx

gleenn said...

You outfit is very cute. I love your dress. :)

Win the $100 gift card giveaway sponsored by Shopbop! Open for everyone, US and International readers. :)

SabinePsynopsis said...

Well done, well done! Such a pretty dress and you are right - it goes so well with grey.

un petit lapin said...

Oh I love that dress so much! The shape of it is lovely. I'm so jealous of your sewing skilsss.

*Katia* said...

your blog is so nice,love your style!