Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mad Style

I'm excited for tonight's Mad Men season finale. The costumes on the show are very beautiful.Janie Bryant does a great job designing them. Joan is my favorite; I love pencil dresses. Betty is a close second for me. I adore her cupcake dresses. Tom and Lorenzo have a great series called Mad Style where they take a close look at every costume in the show.
I love the fur coat with the chiffon dress. I adore the neck detail on Joan's dress. I think I may try something similar on one of my dresses. I decided to pull together some late 50s and early 60s looks
This is a Joan-y dress. I love the color and can you believe its only $18!
The next dress has a full skirt so its more of a Betty style. I love everything in the shop this came from $ 130
A lot of the girls on the show wear brooches. I think they are great on jackets and scarves.
The first one is shaped like a bow and its Weiss which makes great costume jewelry. $9
This next one is just a beautiful color. $39.99

If your more inclined to make a dress. There are a plethora of patterns available.
The first dress is very season 4 of mad men because you have the cleanness of the early 60s but it adds a graphic interest with the center column. $ 14
The second dress is so classy. I think it would look good in a dark purple. $18

20 comments :

Courtney Erin said...

I have a huge brooch collection - I love them. And I'm super excited for the season finale as well!!!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

MyStyle said...

Hi there-very inspiring pieces for this style!! Have a great week!

The Owl's Closet said...

I haven't seen the show, yet! Can you believe it?? LOL I love the costumes from what I've seen from pictures. I'll have to catch up on this show:) Great picks!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Ali said...

Ooh I love the necklines on those dresses. :) :) <3

St├ęphanie said...

So perfect post !

Dressing Up For Me said...

Those brooches are divine! I have a weakness for colorful bling. :)

Josie said...

Mad Men is SO inspiring. Love the gorgeous 60s styles!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Cafe Fashionista said...

It seriously makes me feel bad that I have yet to see a single episode of "Mad Men." I have heard such amazing things about the show!! :)

Couture Carrie said...

Absolutely gorgeous dresses and brooches, darling!
I am a total Mad Men addict and Joan is my fave too!

xoxox,
CC

Isabel said...

i love mad men! im a few episodes behind tho

Caroline said...

The first big poofy pink dress is wonderful! xxx

rebecca said...

this whole mad men craze has completely bypassed me! the dresses definitely look pretty though (:

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Ellinor Forje said...

The dresses are ever so lovely. Inspiring indeed. Cute blog. Come to mine too soon.

Ciao.

MarchMusings said...

The yellow floral dress is so pretty. Thanks to Mad Men we can enjoy these silhouettes again

SMASH said...

LOVE the costuming on Mad Men...in a perfect world I would dress like Betty every day.

xx
MILK TEETHS

cherie said...

I just love Mad Men for the clothes.. They're so stylish!

xo, cherie of Parade of Dresses

Flashes of Style said...

loooove mad men! <3

annierama said...

wow! your blog is really cool and you have a great fashion sense!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

The costumes on that show are so amazing and inspiring! Oh, and I love brooches too! xxooxxoo

Becca Jane said...

The style on Mad Men is endlessly inspiring, I find. Especially the dresses!